New Guitar Day (NGD)

Fender Acoustasonic Black. Z 6; 60mm f2.8G; 1/200 @ f16; 100 ISO

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
ISO.

That's a most dignified guitar.
Indeed - It is a Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster in Black - new for 2019. I fought against it for a while but succumbed yesterday! When deciding on a colour for a well known Gibson Guitar (the Les Paul Custom) black was chosen as it would contrast well with the hands of the player.

Stunning images of a beautiful instrument! I like the lighting a great deal.
Thanks - just two speedlights (SB800 Master and SB910 Slave) pointed at the ceiling. Warmed up a little in post.

Gorgeous lighting and compositions! What's the tabletop material (which I like a lot)?
Thanks Mike. A local store sells Daler-Rowney art paper and board (mounting board) in (up to) A1 sizes. I have a variety of colours in both board and paper. This is the "Jet black" paper version. It is cheap enough to replace as often as required when it starts to get worn.

Fine looking guitar. I've lusted after these as they have a nice acoustic sound in a thin telecaster body. Enjoy!

What amp do you use? My son has an old acoustasonic amp for his acoustic guitar. It's got a nice, mellow tone.
I will take it straight into my Fostex 16 track via either a Fender Tre-Verb or a Zoom G3. So far I am liking the mix of the both pickup systems. There are subtle differences between all of the various settings which would be emphasised through a decent Acoustic Amp.

P.S. I was lucky to find this one with a jet black ebony finger board - most have that striped ebony effect (like the bridge).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom