NEW High ISO D700 samples

Not sure whether I am more excited about the D700 or the 14-24! Now I just need to figure out how I'm paying for them. Only have about three weeks. Good kidneys - check. Plenty of plasma - check...

awesome. anyone have any comments?

On what? The dynamic range? That's already been covered in the other high ISO shots. The lack of noise? Ditto. Certainly not the creativity of the shooter :wink:

I don't really base a lot of my desire on this camera on the foundation of these available test shots, but they do confirm (for me, anyway) that this camera is a tool that will change how I shoot a lot of stuff for the better - and reduce my need for post processing...

Wow, that was a long sentence. Sorry :biggrin:

P

PeterRH

On what? The dynamic range? That's already been covered in the other high ISO shots. The lack of noise? Ditto.

Don't think anyone can argue that it adds anything new. However the continued evidence of image quality at higher ISO's is worth having - I'm not too keen on relying on Nikon demo shots. Different shots in different locations and lighting are significant additions to the body of material we are getting.

The D700 is not a purchase I'd make to replace the D2x having seen all of these (and the extensive D3 samples available), as I can give 'film like' and very smooth renditions to my ISO 100 images from that camera.

For me the reasons to buy the D700 remain the same....much smoother images at (in the case of the D2x) anything above ISO 400, lighter bodyweight to allow for less noticeable candid shots, and a few extra features the D3 doesn't have. Not to replace but to add to a DX body. The D2x will get replaced one day when the next generation high-end pro body comes along with 24+mp.

I say keep the high ISO shots coming whatever the subject/dynamic range/lens combo's. Particularly valuable are NEF's I've been able to take a close look at using my standard pp setups to see how they fare against the D2x.

Latest threads

Top Bottom