New Holland Honeyeater in the Kangaroo Paw

I ventured out to one of our local gardens yesterday. The Kangaroo Paw was a popular spot for the birds, although for some reason the New Holland's preferred the red variety. Last time I was there it was the violet ones, other times its other colours, and sometimes you can get them in a variety of Kangaroo Paw colours.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I also managed to photograph a number of other birds while I was there. A small sample below

#4 European Goldfinch

#5 Welcome Swallow

#6 Spotted Pardalote

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Excellent variety as usual! I especially like the #2, 4 and 5. You are making me consider a visit to Australia/New Zealand in a couple of years.....assuming

Excellent variety as usual! I especially like the #2, 4 and 5. You are making me consider a visit to Australia/New Zealand in a couple of years.....assuming
Thank you. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you do get the opportunity to visit downunder.

Marvelous images.
Well done.
Thank you

Real nice to see images from your amazing country, wonderful setting, good stuff!
Thank you

What a terrific set and some beautiful looking birds.
Thank you

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Wonderful set of images, your third image was nominated for a feature, so expect to see that on the homepage in a few days.

Ohhh my! 😮. Those are outstanding!
Thank you Lyndee

The last picture is awesome.

Great shots
Klaus
Thank you Klaus

+one to all of the above compliments. I love these! It lets me see the wonderful colourful variety of birds in your part of the world so capably captured
Thank you Bob

what a set of pics Richard, every one is a wow shot, well composed with perfect technicals and exposures
Thank you Randy

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom