New HP DesignJet Z9 large format printers

We have a slightly newer LF color plotter at work that is a nightmare as far as inks and clogged heads go. The inks refuse to work if you go 1 day beyond the printed expiration date and it seems like we are replacing the print heads almost as often as the inks. While this isn't a photo-quality printer, I'd be concerned that there is similar technology in the latest offerings.

We have a slightly newer LF color plotter at work that is a nightmare as far as inks and clogged heads go. The inks refuse to work if you go 1 day beyond the printed expiration date and it seems like we are replacing the print heads almost as often as the inks. While this isn't a photo-quality printer, I'd be concerned that there is similar technology in the latest offerings.
It's a huge concern. I owned the DesignJet 130 at the same time I was working at a museum that had one of the big Epsons - I could leave the DesignJet alone for months and the print heads were fine when I came back to print. The Epson, not so much.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom