New HP DesignJet Z9 large format printers

We have a slightly newer LF color plotter at work that is a nightmare as far as inks and clogged heads go. The inks refuse to work if you go 1 day beyond the printed expiration date and it seems like we are replacing the print heads almost as often as the inks. While this isn't a photo-quality printer, I'd be concerned that there is similar technology in the latest offerings.

We have a slightly newer LF color plotter at work that is a nightmare as far as inks and clogged heads go. The inks refuse to work if you go 1 day beyond the printed expiration date and it seems like we are replacing the print heads almost as often as the inks. While this isn't a photo-quality printer, I'd be concerned that there is similar technology in the latest offerings.
It's a huge concern. I owned the DesignJet 130 at the same time I was working at a museum that had one of the big Epsons - I could leave the DesignJet alone for months and the print heads were fine when I came back to print. The Epson, not so much.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom