1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

new Imac time capsule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dutchwindmill, Aug 8, 2009.

1. I just found out that waiting a while can safe big bucks/pecunia.
    Since a few weeks i have a 1TB 24" Imac with wireless keyboard and mouse.
    A friend adviced me to buy a new extern harddrive for backups.." A 1TB time capsule will do great for you" he sayed.Great gadget with wireless router,plus you lose a few other wires on your pc.Fine..up to the Istore to see the price......475 euro!!:eek: :eek: A 500 gig cost "only" 260 euro.
    Sofar so good.Money dont grow easy on my back,but still i need a good 1TB drive In the Istore i found a 1TB Lacie for 200 something euro
    Last Wednesday,i had time to go to the shop and buy me a Lacie. In the shop i see all the drive with 25% discount;" my lucky day" i sayed." I can make you even more happy" he replied( frowned my eyes) The 1TB time capsule now only cost 260 euro!" Mac released a 2TB this week that go for 475 euro.
    Remarkable that nobody knew about this new capsule till it was in the shop.
    500gig no longer availible. Strange that no one would dare to say what would happen when you bought a 1TB a week ago.

2. Okay..I'm the only Imac user??

3. no I am too but probably get more action posted in the apple computer forum

4. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    I'm an Apple user but I've got an older iMac and its hard drive is "only" 250gb. I've been thinking of getting an external hd for backup as prices seem to be coming down and capacity going up.

5. The last 500 gig timecapsule goes for 150 euro.Not sure what they do in the US

6. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

Not sure what a Timecapsule does that an ordinary disk doesn't, but the current price here for a 1TB USB Lacie external drive is £35, i.e. about 42 euro. Even if you add a wireless router costing another £30 things don't seem to add up.

7. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Time Capsule is much more than just a drive. Take a look here to learn more.

8. That is pretty cool. Pretty steep price though. Have to add that to the some day list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.