New iPad owner here

I also picked up the USB adapter to connect my D300...

Amazing!
it is nice to be able to import the shots and being able to view them onsite...

The other day I imported Raw Files, and I was able to preview them.. Amazing!..

I am going to try some Jpg's today and try the photoshop app to run a quick edit..

Any other Photo Editing Apps recommended?

I downloaded Photogene on the strong recommendation of the This Week in Photography guys, but haven't had a chance to use it, yet. I'll transfer some JPEGs and test it out today.

I am anxiously awaiting the Photosmith app (in final beta testing), which is billed as an iPad-specific companion to Lightroom. The progress blog is photosmithapp.com. (I'm not associated with them.)

I promised myself to only buy one from the cash from my knotcraft work.
15 minutes ago: Rob,can i order 200 woggles please (500 euro!!!)
This weekend the first Scout event where i sell my work,so i think this problem is solved.

I downloaded Photogene on the strong recommendation of the This Week in Photography guys, but haven't had a chance to use it, yet. I'll transfer some JPEGs and test it out today.

I am anxiously awaiting the Photosmith app (in final beta testing), which is billed as an iPad-specific companion to Lightroom. The progress blog is photosmithapp.com. (I'm not associated with them.)
The photosmith app looks pretty interesting. Any word on how much it will be?

I made the mistake of holding up an iPad2 at the store. Despite telling myself "you know it's going to be thinner and lighter, just get over it" I couldn't help but be disappointed when I came home and picked up my brick of an original iPad ;)

Not really worth the $200 to upgrade to an iPad2 for me, but I'll definitely pick up whatever they release next year!

It really is surprising, the difference in the way the two generations of the iPad feel in one's hand. I love the feel and weight distribution of the iPad 2, so much more comfortable in my hand than the first-gen iPad!
Same for me! I swore up and down I wasn't going to replace my 6 month old 3G iPad but played with a new one in the store two nights ago and then found out they had exactly two units in stock (that they literally just received) so I grabbed one. Total impulse purchase and so far I'm lovin' the new model. Zero buyer's remorse!

It's not a huge weight difference but it's definitely very noticeable after a period of time and is a lot more comfortable. I'm also surprised at how much snappier the performance is in the new version in day to day use. Didn't think I'd really see that.

I went with the 64GB wifi only this time as I no longer need the 3G. With Rogers here in Canada, hotspot on the iPhone 4 is free as long as your existing data plan is over 1gb per month. I have a 6gb plan for $30 a month and now I'll no longer need to spend the extra $20 per month to share that plan with my iPad.

Only thing the jury is still out on is the smart cover. Not sure if I trust that magnetic attachment and I HATE the fact that the back is unprotected. Afraid to set it down anywhere out of fear of scratching the back. Also, $80 bucks is ROBBERY for the black leather smart cover. C'mon Apple... $80 and nothing included to protect the back? Sheesh... Guess I'm going case shopping today so we'll see what's out there.

All in all, extremely happy with the upgrade and now to unload my original 64gb 3G to offset the cost of the new baby. Cheers!

I went to Best Buy and got a folio-style cover made by Targus, which is a lot sturdier than either the Applle or Griffin models. For $40, it offers a lot of protection while still allowing access to the ports and buttons.

There is a place in the Mall and they cover both front and back for $40 well worth it..

Also, in the rumor Mill, The iPad 3 is due out near Dec '11

That app (Photosmith) looks fantastic. I hope that they deliver on everything that they are promising!

I'm also hoping that transfer/syncing will work by connecting the iPad to the PC with the cable, and not just wirelessly. My Photo Apps PC is not on my wireless network, and I prefer to keep it that way, if possible.... If syncing with Photosmith will only work wirelessly, I may need to seriously consider re-configuring my hardware. :smile:

I have one of the new smart covers as well. And although it seems odd it doesn't cover the back I'll probably upgrade to the iPad 3 and 4 and...

The point being, it won't 'last long enough' for a few scratches to matter. I don't collect hardware and thus have no reason to keep it absolutely pristine. Like cameras, it's a tool. I don't keep hammers in velvet sacks either.

For those that care about such things you can set it down with the back facing up when the cover is over the screen.

Edit: just saw this (link below). God help me if my wife does.

$1,555 for the Chanel iPad case. :eek:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/fashion-articles/stylish-ipad-cases-0910

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom