Test New ISO comparison - D810 and D850

Just want to hit one point I made in my post that may not have stuck out. The placement of the ISO button on the top right just behind the shutter is a very big deal. Makes changing ISO's a breeze. With the 810 and other Nikon bodies, you need to press the button with your left hand and at least for me, I found that I had to drop the camera from my eye. With new button placement, I can change with the camera at my eye. Much easier with the new button placement. Certainly not enough of an improvement by itself to warrant the new body, but if you are weighing the pros and cons, this ISO button placement is a big plus.
you can program the movie record button to adjust iso.

Just want to hit one point I made in my post that may not have stuck out. The placement of the ISO button on the top right just behind the shutter is a very big deal. Makes changing ISO's a breeze. With the 810 and other Nikon bodies, you need to press the button with your left hand and at least for me, I found that I had to drop the camera from my eye. With new button placement, I can change with the camera at my eye. Much easier with the new button placement. Certainly not enough of an improvement by itself to warrant the new body, but if you are weighing the pros and cons, this ISO button placement is a big plus.
With the introduction of the iso button on the D5, D500, and now D850 we lost easy iso which allowed you to change iso with the main thumbwheel without pushing anything... Even "easier".

Real Name
Randy
With the introduction of the iso button on the D5, D500, and now D850 we lost easy iso which allowed you to change iso with the main thumbwheel without pushing anything... Even "easier".
way easier and I still use it on my d800, it's not like that wheel has any other purpose in AP mode, so duh

For what it is worth I have just bought the D810 brand new (grey import to UK ) for less than they are being advertised on ebay second hand. so they are dropping in price considerably if you know where to go. There is an authorised UK dealer selling them new for £1000 more, talk about a rip off.
Still waiting for my D800 to come back from repairers

Real Name
Randy
My used D810 just arrived
2640 clicks, LNIB, $1575 shipped and PayPaled and included an RRS lplate and a leather grip
Original receipt in box, $3300
Brutal depreciation for 3 years

". . this is a brand new model and it is in high demand. Currently, there is no official ETA from the manufacturer when we will receive our next shipment. They determine when we get each batch and how many we receive per batch. Orders are fulfilled in the order we received them, on a first come first serve basis." ~ Adorama Customer Service
I'm holding out for 100 days, one for each year of Nikon. It'll be my own personal Nikon collectors item :LOL::ROFLMAO::smug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom