New Jersey landscapes

I didn't want to hijack Kirbinster's thread with his beautiful Morristown trees, so I figured I'd start a new one in response to Ted's post:

Wow beautiful trees and excellent shots. I've had friends from NJ, and no one ever said it was pretty there!

Them's fighting words! New Jerseyans - show your local shots!

Here's a couple. If this thread gets rolling, I'll post more:

94676255.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 889491

DAB

Nice work DAB. Where in NJ did you take these?

The first one was at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum in Morristown. The second one, I'm not sure. I was taken to a lake somewhere in Sussex County near the Delaware river (I was on a workshop at the time).

The second one is very nice...
Did you use a fish?

OK, I'll bite. What's a fish?

DAB

Fisheye lens - btw nice images

Ah. (head slap. of course).

I just checked the metadata and found that I took this shot in 2004. I had no idea it was so long ago. The lens I used was an 18-35mm f/3.5 (at 18mm) and I haven't owned that lens for years. The metadata also shows that I took this picture at f/16 at 1/30 sec at ISO200. Which makes no sense to me. I never shoot at f/16. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I had been reading about Ansel Adams at that time and how he often shot at f/16 and I was giving it a try? ;-)

DAB

DABO,

Have to agree with you. NJ can be a very beautiful place. Here are just a few of mine.

1090671974_7yceG-L.jpg

1093878573_K8mwK-L.jpg

Steve

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom