1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New Kelby book on Lightroom 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Sep 12, 2008.

1. I have this for LR 1.X. Pretty helpful when I first started using LR. Occasionally I reference sections as needed. Easy "**** & Jane" speak with lots of examples.

2. Same here Frank ... I just got LR 2 , am new to shooting raw, and am totally clueless about both. I've had Scott Kelby books in the past and hope he will continue to guide me.

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    thats good, I have on order from Adorama too

4. Please keep us posted on the book...both the good and bad. I'm in the same boat - new to shooting RAW (with the D300) and new to Lightroom. I've tinkered with the program just enough to know that I don't know anything about it. Maybe this book will help.

5. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm a huge fan of Lightroom and love LR2. I subscribe to KelbyTraining and went through the complete 3-part online video course that Matt Kloskowski teaches and thought it was superb. Some of the upgrades in LR2 are awesome and the new Adjustment Brush alone is worth the upgrade.

At first I balked at paying for an annual subscription to KelbyTraining, but now I'm SO happy I did. The online video courses cover a huge variety of subjects and the quality of instruction is excellent. It's just like going to a first rate seminar, but you do it at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. Highly recommended.

6. Yeah....I agree. I've been a Kelby Training subscriber for some time now and find it to be the best bang-for-the-buck when it comes to video training.

Actually, I bought Lightroom 2 AFTER viewing Kloskowski's lessons. Then, of course, I watched them again; good stuff.

Folks who are turned off by Kelby's slightly weird sense of humor should realize that most of the lessons are NOT taught by Kelby. It is possible to take a free peek and, if you wish, you can sign up for unlimited use for around 20 bucks a month; less if you sign up for a year or more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.