New Keybord may help you in Post.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chiba, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Chiba

Chiba

Nov 3, 2005
    Ontario
    Hello Happy online community,
    Just picked up a new keyboard and thought I would share my experience with the Logitech G15. It sports18 programmable macro keys!! It comes with a profiler that changes the key macros according to which program is open. For example, when I switch from Nikon Capture to Photoshop I have a whole new set of buttons like Levels and transform function. I’m still getting used to it but processing has become much faster. It also has Back lit keys (blue) and Lcd that gives you a readout of your computers performance and some other things.

Pretty slick.. Its marketed towards gamers but I think its really useful for us.

No I dont work for Logitech, just Had to share..
    Chiba

2. pretty cool man! how much is this thingamajiggy?

3. Chiba

Chiba

Nov 3, 2005
    Ontario
    I payed 80 Canadian

:biggrin:

4. i shall now go to logitech.com
    much obliged

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very cool info Chiba. My only concern is that I'd get dependent on it, and then not have it. OTOH, I can think of at least a dozen uses for it right now. :rolleyes:

Like Dave, I'm headed for Froogle right now. :wink:

Thanks!!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    There is a fancy schamanzee one out for PS.. Next time I find the link I'll post.
    Has all the programming ability for all the functions.

Pretty cool tech.

7. I have a wireless Logitec keyboard right now but it lacks some to the lights and whistles that this new one has. Looks very interesting.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I found it at zipzoomfly.com for $64.99 with free two day FedEx. I can't wait to see how it works.

Thanks again Chiba.

9. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
  10. I use 12 to 15 year old IBM Model M keyboards. On both my Macs and PCs.

Love em! Nothing has ever come close.

11. Chiba

Chiba

Nov 3, 2005
    Ontario
    yay!

Glad my experience has helped, let me know how you like it!

If you were using an other brand keyboard before remember to go into "Add Remove programs" and delete it from the list before installing the Logitech software. I forgot to do this and was wondering why my Play pause button didn’t work for ITunes.

Macro keys are king!
    Chiba

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    icetraxx

Thats the one I was trying to remember... Thanks !!!!!!

(of all the things i have lost, well guess you know the rest) :>)))