New kicks for J-Boy

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Mar 29, 2007.

1. From today .

[​IMG]

Kodak Max 800 film, N80 and 70-300 VR

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  2. That's superb! In digital, this shot would have be seen as a "lens test" but in film, this actually becomes something else. Something you envisioned before shooting. I like it very much. It's a simple moment in life, a moment that parents cherish for a lifetime.

I also like the first image you posted before editing for this one.

3. Once again, thanks my friend. Boy, downsizing the pic sure screwed with the grain and edge sharpness on these. Oh, you mean this one?

[​IMG]

4. Yes!

I actually like the grain and colors! An image has to be looked at as a whole, and as a whole and a few steps back, the color and grain are great, IMO!

5. Ray..... these are fabulous!

I can imagine them on a billboard in the middle of New York.......... they are well observed, spur of the moment, slices of time my friend! :eek:

G

6. These colors are great.

I am wondering if you don't have sharpening turned on somewhere you didn't intend. I get grain like that when I do.

7. Oh, I like the grain but not the mottled appearance it has in the downsizing. Yes, the colors are quite punchy but they do look better in Adobe rgb.

Graeme, you are t-o-o-o kind. :smile: Not as spontaneous as you might think. I had a roll of film loaded in one camera just waiting for Jace to wear his new shoes. Been planning these shots for days!

8. Oh, now you've spoiled the illusion! :biggrin:

I hate to admit this........... being a 43 year old git.......... but I have a blue pair of these All Stars baseball boots that I still wear!!!!!!!

Now, how cool is that! :cool: :cool: :cool:

G

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very cool shoes!

10. Say, I have 20 years on you and my favorite garb is Levis, T-shirt and Addidas! I did just retire from teaching high school and also coaching the football (soccer for the Yanks) team. Always felt a bit silly - 60 year old running around in track suit at work! The old geezer on the left is yours truly!
    [​IMG]

I think so! I bought'em for him! :biggrin: