New Kodak film updates.

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Connahhh, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
  2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Looks good Connor, is this stuff allready for sale or is it just an annoucement?

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I think I still have some Ektar 125 and 25 from the previous go-round....

4. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    I think it's available now.

Bummed about it being only 35mm.

5. I had used the old Ektar 100 around 18 years ago. It was fairly good in it's last inception. Smooth grain and nice color reproduction.

6. Nils

Nils

Mar 30, 2007
    Aptos, California
    I haven't been on here in a pretty long time but, that is such a bummer that it's only 35 :(

7. This looks promising. Can't wait to try it out. While I would enjoy upgrading from my D200 to a D700, I think it's pretty cool to upgrade my F100's sensor for $7.00.

Nate

8. I read somewhere that it'll be available in October. :Unsure:

9. Connahhh

Connahhh

Oct 27, 2007
    NH
    Thanks for clearing that up. :)

10. Guess what?
    I contacted locak Kodak here and none there knew that. They thought I was talking about the "old" Ektar film..
    "Well, I told them, it's your home plant in US which has sent such news, so I assume it's true.. " .. lots of evident shame on the other side of the phone... After a few phone calls they told me they will have more details about that during Photokina but not to expect anything at least until the beginning of 2009.

11. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    I was fortunate enough to attend photokina in germany, I spoke to a kodak guy and he said the new ektar should start shipping sometime during late oct / early november.

I scored a sample roll, so I'll try to shoot it ASAP and post it here for all of you :)

Apparently the saturation should be higher than portra VC, grain much finer and around the same sharpness. We'll see.... :)