New law on eagles (in lower 48)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jun 29, 2007.

1. I have received a number of questions regarding the new laws on the bald eagle. While the Federal Fish And Wildlife Dept. has done much the eagle has been removed from the endangered species act. Bur this does not leave the bird unprotected. However it is my feelings that the eagle did loose some ground. There have been many Newsletters that have come to my email over a long period of time and I am sad to say that over the past years not much has been done to help any of the species that are available to be placed on the Endangered Species list. There are at last cont 279 I believe it was waiting their turn and not a one acted on. A one-year record.
    Anyway here is the new law in a way you can read it and understand that even though you want to get close to that nesting pair you will still be breaking the law. Here’s the link.
    Lou

http://www.loubuscher.com/eagle_news.htm

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What bothers me is I heard mentioned that some building may now be allowed that was not before. nOOOOO I say

3. Yes Gale that is correct. It is laid out pretty stright foward. It will come into play in places wher it could endanger peoples lives like Airports and birds striking the plane but that is a really rare thing as I am sur the planes are the people they carry are in more danger from Canada Geese than an eagle. It also will deal with developers and I would guess how much pull they have with who ever will be in charge. It's not a good law for the eagle but it's better than nothing. It seems that being we now have so many nesting pairs of eagles in the lower 48 tht they are getting to common. Her is a good link to bookmark and read up on a lot of things besides eagles but they are on top of the list right now.
    http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/swcbd/
    Lou

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/swcbd/

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thy cut down a tree with baby eagles this year
    They went to a rehab center and one did not make it

This is a horrible crime.

Yes all athorities etc were contacted and they were allowed to do it.

This is unacceptable to me.
    At least let the chicks fledge for Gods sake.

Small airport.

Ohhhhhh I was so upset and angry and nothing could be done.

5. They actually cut down 3 nests around Sanford Airport this year Gale. All 3 in the span of about a month I believe.

6. That is very true Tom. Just what they did, cut um down.Lou

7. As mad as it makes people Gale I have to wonder how many of these people took the time to write their Senators and Congresmen, and anybody that was somebody. For Gods sake they put Martha Steward in jail for a crime that was not as bad as doing what they did. O yeah and than there was the glove that didn't fit on OJs hand:confused::confused: I wish just 1/2 the people that take wildlife photos would join up (FREE) just to receive newsletters on what is going on. What have you got to loose???
    Lou

8. It has almost come that you will need to go to a zoo or santuary to see wildlife and They are anything but wild in most of those places. I can see moving or relocating birds for the protection of people but to have disregard for our wildlife (Be it hunters or well meaning government) is not fair to future generations.