New lens, how are these shots? **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Cleanmaxx Brian, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Hi all,
    I just got my 200-400f4 VR and went out and shot a few RC planes today. What I want to know is how do they look on your monitor? How is the exposure? Do they seem bright enough? How are the colors and the sharpness?

It seems I have to change my PP a bit with this lens (I need to do less work) for acceptable shots. Maybe I am not doing enough??? Plus not having a new TN LCD panel is not helping...

Here are the pics...
    **Now resized to fit on your screen better...

http://www.pbase.com/cleanmaxx_brian/042807

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  2. Wilco 2005

Wilco 2005 Guest

I'm no expert but I think they look great...great color and very sharp

3. I think they look great. Thanks for posting.

4. Considering the overcast conditions I'm impressed. Did you use VR much?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks good to me

6. OK good! Thanks everybody. Today is a fun fly event so I will be shooting a lot more!

Lexiticus, VR was on the whole time!

7. Other that the pictures are too big to view on my 20 inch monitor, I'd say you did great. I used to fly U-Control Stunt competitively in the late 60s but never got into RC... I'm sure there have been some huge advances in the radios since then.

8. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Thanks for sharing.........great shots, and I enjoyed the postings on your website.

9. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    Great shots - I agree. I love the 200-400 VR.

This brought back some cool memories. My very first real job was in a hobby shop, when I was 13 years old - MANY dercades ago! Like Woody, I was heavy into U-control - both stunt and combat. I didn't have the money for RC back then, but the shop I worked in was an RC mecca, and an older guy who worked there was state champion. He went on to rep for a distributer of the gear.

I still have some of my old gear - motors and such. And I have an almost-finished balsa wood stunt plane - called a "Ringmaster" - hanging in the rafters of my garage.

-- Russ

10. Hi all,
    If you would not mind, can you take a look again? I resized them and they should fit your screens better and therefore look sharper...

11. Ahhhh.... Yea, the Ringmaster was considered the king of profile stunt planes. I was always partial to the Goldberg Shoestring. Then there was the Nobler if you wanted to fly with the big boys.

12. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Brian,
    These look excellent to me. The crash shots are excellent......that was some fast-on-the-trigger shootin'! Congrats on the lens....that's serious glass!!