New lens, how are these shots? **UPDATE**

Hi all,
I just got my 200-400f4 VR and went out and shot a few RC planes today. What I want to know is how do they look on your monitor? How is the exposure? Do they seem bright enough? How are the colors and the sharpness?

It seems I have to change my PP a bit with this lens (I need to do less work) for acceptable shots. Maybe I am not doing enough??? Plus not having a new TN LCD panel is not helping...

Here are the pics...
**Now resized to fit on your screen better...

http://www.pbase.com/cleanmaxx_brian/042807

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wilco 2005

I'm no expert but I think they look great...great color and very sharp

Great shots - I agree. I love the 200-400 VR.

This brought back some cool memories. My very first real job was in a hobby shop, when I was 13 years old - MANY dercades ago! Like Woody, I was heavy into U-control - both stunt and combat. I didn't have the money for RC back then, but the shop I worked in was an RC mecca, and an older guy who worked there was state champion. He went on to rep for a distributer of the gear.

I still have some of my old gear - motors and such. And I have an almost-finished balsa wood stunt plane - called a "Ringmaster" - hanging in the rafters of my garage.

-- Russ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi all,
If you would not mind, can you take a look again? I resized them and they should fit your screens better and therefore look sharper...

Brian,
These look excellent to me. The crash shots are excellent......that was some fast-on-the-trigger shootin'! Congrats on the lens....that's serious glass!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom