New lens - old dog

Real Name
John A Alexander
I have just bought a Nikon AF-S 80-400 f4.5-5.6. I had read several good reviews of the lens and with ISO capabilities of the D800E more than making up for the 5.6 aperture I thought it could be a handy lens to have. My initial view is that the lens does live up to the reviews.

All comments welcome, thanks.

1)

Rocky - July 2013-4 by johnaalex, on Flickr

2)

Rocky - July 2013-1 by johnaalex, on Flickr

3)

Rocky - July 2013-2 by johnaalex, on Flickr

4)

Rocky - July 2013-3 by johnaalex, on Flickr

Awesome John. I haven't seen a shot that I haven't liked with this lens. My copy is NIB (as opposed to LNIB) because I haven't had a chance to even unbox it yet. Unboxing video anyone :biggrin:. Again, beautiful images.

Looks like the new lens is working for you John, but have to say Rocky is looking great...
Love the second shot, and the 2 last shots show a lot of his character... Plus Rocky's not old, just heading into his prime..!!!. :smile:...

Real Name
John A Alexander
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice shots. Lens is very tempting.
Fred
Here we go again. You guys are killing me with the 80-400 posts :frown:

The first shot is awesome. The B/W works for that one.
I prefer the B&W in the first! Its dramatic and dreamy. Nice eye

Awesome John. I haven't seen a shot that I haven't liked with this lens. My copy is NIB (as opposed to LNIB) because I haven't had a chance to even unbox it yet. Unboxing video anyone :biggrin:. Again, beautiful images.
Go on! You know you want one :wink:. Thanks for the comments especially about the BW shot.

Good looking pup and nice shots...! :smile:
Looks like the new lens is working for you John, but have to say Rocky is looking great...
Love the second shot, and the 2 last shots show a lot of his character... Plus Rocky's not old, just heading into his prime..!!!. :smile:...
I'd change the title to "New lens, awesome dog" :smile: Great images with some nice bg's.
I love the expression in #2! Maybe an old dog, but he's still got some rascal in him! #1 is very handsome.
Great shots.
Hard not to get a good shot with a subject like that though. :smile:
Love the B&W.
He is a good looking dog and he certainly does have a bit of mischief in him, but basically he just loves people paying attention. Thanks again for all the nice comments.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom