1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New LensBabies

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by leifw, Sep 23, 2008.

1. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
  2. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
    I think I may actually get one now. Very nice. The pinhole/zoneplate is a nice addition and I'm glad they kept the swappable aperture.

The composer just looks like its so much easier to use especially now that I've got a katzeye screen as well.

3. Looks very nice.

I always have difficulties using the previous versions and this one seems to solve the problems.

4. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
    Just called them.

The estimated release date is ~4-6 weeks which puts it in late Oct or mid Nov.

5. I tried one last year and just couldn't justify the extra fussing around at a wedding to get one or two fancy shots. The new design may change my mind.

But, what I'd really like to see is a Lens Baby type lens from Nikon, a 60mm 1.2 macro with the option of moving the sweet spot

6. Paulesko

Paulesko

Jul 23, 2008
    Spain
    can anybody explain me how these things works? Is it something to make some kind of tilt/sift or sth like that?? I´m lost with this. :) 

7. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
    No shifting, just tilting. Its like a cheap 50mm tilt...but with a few aces up its sleeve like custom apertures and the new optic system.

8. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    Ooooooh, I like what they have done with them. I'll really look into purchasing them now I think.

9. Paulesko

Paulesko

Jul 23, 2008
    Spain
    thanks! I think it´s interesting, isn´t it? maybe ill try one to see if it works for me :) 

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i tried one and hated it...might give one of these new one's a whirl...;-)

11. rvink

rvink

Mar 21, 2006
    New Zealand
    The new ball and socket one with focusing looks good, much easier to use than LB2 which I have.

12. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    This might push me into buying a D300-level body someday, so I can get metering with these things. After futzing around with focus and tilt, remembering to meter correctly might put me over the edge.

13. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Another LB2 owner all for more ease of use. Funny, some days I can get it and some days I can't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.