New Life.....minutes later.

That is a lady bug (lady bird) right??
I never saw a yellow one
Great series
Thanks Gale. Yes it is a ladybug. Actually it turns red with black spots. I am going to post some of the adult a little later. I got the whole life cycle so I am very excited.

Yvette!! Your series is so cool!! I had no idea that lady bugs start out yellow then turn red with black spots!! Wow!! Looking forward to more images!!

Thanks Gale. Yes it is a ladybug. Actually it turns red with black spots. I am going to post some of the adult a little later. I got the whole life cycle so I am very excited.

Great continuation of the earlier series.

Yes, the elytra will turn reddish, but I doubt that it will develop black dots.

The species name is Cycloneda munda and it usually has more or less unicolorous elytra.

Cheers

I really love ladybirds
Harry and Bob and Yvette
Please continue with all the documentation and information

Great continuation of the earlier series.

Yes, the elytra will turn reddish, but I doubt that it will develop black dots.

The species name is Cycloneda munda and it usually has more or less unicolorous elytra.

Cheers
Thanks for the information Harry. I got my identification from this site http://ohioline.osu.edu/hse-fact/1030.html and everything they say seems to correlate to the beetles that I have been taking pictures of. There are many different shades of the beetles, some with lots of spots, some with little. All the larva have looked the same and so that is why I thought it was the Multicolored Asian Ladybug. However, you are the expert and so I can't say for sure. Thank you for all your input.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom