1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New Life.....minutes later.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Yvette, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a lady bug (lady bird) right??
    I never saw a yellow one
    Great series

2. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Gale. Yes it is a ladybug. Actually it turns red with black spots. I am going to post some of the adult a little later. I got the whole life cycle so I am very excited.

3. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Once again Yvette great photos.

4. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you Troy.

5. Very, very cool super series.

6. Yvette!! Your series is so cool!! I had no idea that lady bugs start out yellow then turn red with black spots!! Wow!! Looking forward to more images!!

7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you both for your kind comments. I might have a couple more images to post.

8. So cool - I love learning about bugs through photography. Great series, Yvette.

9. wonderful series. let's see more. great job.

laurie

10. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Sandi.

11. Great continuation of the earlier series.

Yes, the elytra will turn reddish, but I doubt that it will develop black dots.

The species name is Cycloneda munda and it usually has more or less unicolorous elytra.

Cheers

12. Very cool, I've never seen that before.

Alex

13. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent documentation.

14. .

I agree completely with Harry's observation.

Bob F.

15. Just had a look again at your initial thread "Where it all starts". What you captured there is a different species :wink:

Cheers

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really love ladybirds
    Harry and Bob and Yvette
    Please continue with all the documentation and information

17. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks for the information Harry. I got my identification from this site http://ohioline.osu.edu/hse-fact/1030.html and everything they say seems to correlate to the beetles that I have been taking pictures of. There are many different shades of the beetles, some with lots of spots, some with little. All the larva have looked the same and so that is why I thought it was the Multicolored Asian Ladybug. However, you are the expert and so I can't say for sure. Thank you for all your input.

18. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you. It is nice to be able to show others something they have not seen.

19. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Do you think it could be the multicolored Asian Ladybug?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.