New LowePro Bag in a Pelican!!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Chayelle, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Omni Trekker Hard & Softshell Combo

I have just received and transferred all my gear into my new LowePro bag. It comes inside a LowePro named but genuine Pelican hard case.

New shape, rectangle. This is an actual bag, could use it as a backpack, or shoulder bag. I have taken all the outside straps off. The Pelican is the 1550 size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can fit three camera bodies with lenses. I have the D200 with 300mm f4, and the D70s with various lenses...waiting on my 200mm macro (haven't bought one yet), and D70s body, which I haven't bought yet either. I still have two other lenses, and spare space. Nice bag.

I just moved out of my Mini Trekker (which I really like) in anticipation of finding a nice macro lens and camera body.

We shoot a lot out of our auto, and the Mini Trekker fit just snugly between the front seats of our van. This bag also fits between the seats...yea!!

Just thought I would introduce this nice outfit. Don't know what I am going to do with the Pelican case. Maybe buy an insert tray, or another of these bags...??? Don't know yet...

B&H addy:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/128390-REG/Lowepro_20009_Omni_Trekker_with_Extreme.html

LowePro site:
    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Hard_and_Soft_Shell/classic/Omni_Trekker_and_Trekker_Extreme.aspx

Hope all this inspires someone else!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2007
  2. Post pics if you get a chance

3. Barriosa...
    check out first post as I made changes, added pics, maybe more helpful.
    And you can open the side of the bag to remove the camera with mounted lens without opening the top or main flap.

4. madone

madone

Jan 9, 2006
    Connecticut
    Cheryle, keep us posted on how you like it after some usage.

My wife was just saying how I needed a new way to organize/store/transport my gear. Still, looking, but this may be an option. Get the system, then a new pelican foam insert, and would have a hard storage, backpack, shoulder bag and then a travel/protective case all in one.

Thanks for the heads up!

5. Very nice. I think Pelican has almost the exact same thing but with their name on it. Looks like a great way to take your gear on a plane or on the road.

If you ever leave your stuff in your car you should be able to use a bicycle cable to secure it to your car.

6. "If you ever leave your stuff in your car you should be able to use a bicycle cable to secure it to your car."

That sounds like a good idea for a deterent for theft!!

Oh!!! And thanks to Dragonflydm (Josh Hudson) my new (to me) Sigma 150 macro will shortly be winging it's way across country to me. I am excited, since I have to get so close using my
    5T and 6T closeup lenses. Now maybe I can get better shots. Happy Happy Happy!!!

7. Well that all came from 2 threads. Once when one of the oldest cafe members got his gear stolen from his inside his car; from the passenger compartment, not the trunk. Then someone else started another thread on how to secure your gear. One of the most secure ways was in locked pelican cases, that were secured to the car via a nice thick bicycle cable.