1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New MacbookPro 17" --- two gripes

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by tom500, Aug 8, 2009.

1. tom500

tom500

Oct 24, 2008
    Grand Rapids
    Hi,

I just had an expensive impulse buy on this new portable machine.

There are two things that I am having a tough time with:

1) When you click the trackpad to make a selection it is a LOUD click and it sounds cheap to me. my previous macbook did not have this annoying click.

2) the edge of the computer, where the soft side of your wrists sit when you type, is too sharp. they should have softened this and rounded it off just a wee bit.

Other than those two gripes its a pretty nice machine. It is especially nice to view my Aperture library and make adjustments with Photoshop. moving from 2g of ram to 4g really helps.

Anyone else have gripes like this?

2. Well I'm on my third MacBook Pro 17" so apart from reservations regarding quality control I don't suffer your issues. One thing I have noticed, with the glossy display, it's impossible to keep clean. I keep the display protector supplied with the computer as well as a third party screen cloth and without touching the display it will become smudged. Weird

3. tom500

tom500

Oct 24, 2008
    Grand Rapids
    after getting to play with this for a day now I have learned that the "LOUD click" is a non issue - using the new fangled track pad I can just tap or double tap to make my selections. works great.

I am still bothered by the sharp edges though.

glad to hear that you are not having a problem with the sharp edges.

4. davidC

davidC

Mar 10, 2009
    MD
    my first gen macbook has the sharp edges as well.
    i've gotten used to it.

5. I noticed the click of the touchpad when I first got my machine, and then I got used to it. The next time I really noticed it was when I tool it to the library. Good thing I'm not in school or at the library much anymore...I was loud enough to me that had to make myself tap instead of click.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.