New member here...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ExNavyDoc, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ExNavyDoc

ExNavyDoc

Aug 27, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    And I see there is a place for trains and planes. Cool!

I used to do a lot of railroad photography when I was a teenager, then drifted away from it. I just recently started to get back into it after getting back into photography in order to get decent photos of my kids' sports.

Well, here's a train:

335332208_Ach8M-L.jpg

and a plane:

191845425_kzbA3-L.jpg

Enjoy!

Mike

2. atrawick

atrawick Guest

Very Nice shots!

3. lmatney

lmatney

Oct 25, 2007
    Goodyear, AZ
    Very nice Mike. Welcome to the Cafe. I think you will love it here. It is a great group of folks.

4. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting. Nice shots, especially the train.

5. excellent shots, mike
    we are so glad to have you here

i hope that you will tell us more about your EX NAVY DOC days...
    if you have the time and inclination

6. Welcome Mike ...... you're off to a great start.

regards,

7. ExNavyDoc

ExNavyDoc

Aug 27, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    How much time do you have?:wink:

Well, I have a few "no sh-t, there I was" sea-stories, but the short version is I was active Navy from 1988-1997, then reserves off and on until 2005. I was a flight surgeon with the Marines for a couple of years, including a WESTPAC deployment and the first Gulf War,then did residency and payback (including a year in Iceland), then left active duty. I kicked around the reserves off and on, then got activated for Kuwait in 2004. I made it as far as Gulfport, MS, then got sent home for a medical issue that luckily turned out to be non-malignant. After that, I decided enough was enough, so I resigned my commission. I still had to accumulate about 8 more "good" years for a retirement, and it wasn't quite worth it. I could serve 2 masters (family and work), but not 3 (family, work, and Navy)

Anyway, here's yours truly circa 1987 as a 4th year med student (extra points if you can I.D. the aircraft):

361617439_W5shN-XL.jpg

And one from USS Nassau (LHA-4) during Desert Shield (Harrier is from VMA-331 "Bumblebees"):

281830391_XVtaw-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008