1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New Mexico Mail as Art

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by davidwcramer, Sep 18, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

In Galisteo, NM.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Great find David, maybe only rural folk can relate to it. I still have visions of you award winning horse pics, just stunning.

3. Thanks Tom. Even the mailperson gets a little art on the job.

4. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Very nice.

I'm thinking about visiting New Mexico maybe next month, as part of Four Corners trip.
    Bisti Badlands is definitely on the list of places to visit, but can you tell me if it's worth driving down to Carlsbad Caverns ?
    The photos of it look amazing, but I didn't want to get there and I'm lead around on a tour and don't have much time to take photos.

I'm sure the place is very nice, it just seems so far out of the way.

5. Thanks much. Yes, Carlsbad is pretty far from Bisti. I'd recommend White Sands over Carlsbad, but it's also quite a distance from Bisti. You will go past the Very Large Array on the way. But if you like caverns, Carlsbad will not disappoint.

You can go through Carlsbad on your own without a tour, and the crowds should be low this time of year. It's a beautiful and facinating place, but not one that lends itself easily to photography. Flash tends to wash out the details of the elements, and the park using both fluorescent and incandescent lighting on the structures, which will result in some dramatic but eerie looking colored images.

6. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Thanks for the info Sir :smile:
    Is there much at White Sands apart from ..... erm white sand :wink:
    Are there rock formations etc ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.