New Monitor - All Pics look so much better.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhotoByMark, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Just got me a nice new Samsung 913T monitor from my wife for my birthday. My old Sony (9 years old) has now been retired.

I do not think I have it perfectly adjusted but even so - What a huge difference. Text is much sharper and the photos. Oh man (and woman :) ), the photos are coming to life. So much better contrast and brightness and colors. I can see things now that I never noticed before.

And right now I am using it in analog mode and tomorrow I will pick up a DVI cable and go digital. Cannot wait.

All I can say is-if you have an old monitor and get a new one, you will love it.

Sleep - What is that?. I think I will be up all night revisiting many photos.

2. Happy birthday, and congratulations on your new monitor!!! I looked over the specs, and they're very similar to the SyncMaster 930B that my kids bought me for Father's Day. I love mine mine :lol:. Check out this picture... on my monitor, it looks 3D.

Let me know if you see any improvement. I'm using the analog input, and haven't gotten around to buying a dvi board for my old computer :oops:.

3. Thanks Frank.

I am now yikes 40. Bye, Bye thirties. I told her that I really need a new lense tooooooooo. Me wants the 80-400VRVRVR. Come-on Gale aren't you tired of it yet? Time to sellsellsellsellsell. :p

My wife got me good by doing the "over the hill" stuff at my work. I got some pics I will have to post them tomorrow.

It does kind of do a 3d thing.

I will let you know if I see a difference. Perhaps text will be just a little sharper and photos too. Or not?

4. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Maybe it's those new reading glasses, they say that's the first thing that goes with old age. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy birthday, only one more year of the thirties for me.

Ron

[/quote]

5. Happy birthday, and congrats on the new monitor! What you said really hit home with me. I had some photos printed at Mpix recently, and when I got them back I was shocked at how much detail is in them....I just don't see it on my monitor (which is at least 6 years old...maybe even older.) Yet another thing to save up for! I'm almost right on your heels age-wise, too....37 in another couple of weeks...gulp!

6. Nothing like a new monitor to lift the spirits. Congrats.

7. Thanks all.

Yep-I need new glasses too! Last time I went (2 years ago) I was borderline needing bifocals (NO WAY I SAY!). I am afraid to find out.

I walk in this morning to my computer. Cat has knocked the monitor over and it is dangling off the desk. Luckily monitor ok. I am gonna have to do something about that. I have shelves above the computer and she likes to jump up there and down. Bad CAT! BAD CAT!

8. Happy birthday and congrats on the new monitor Mark. I just bought a new monitor from fellow Cafe' member Scott Sherman and I know the feeling you had....WOW. My prints actually match my monitor now!

9. Thanks Scott.

Tough choice - a SB800 or a new monitor. I really do like it though. Whites are white now. Old monitor I simply could not get the colors right or even close.

I did not get the DVI cable today. I must remember to that tomorrow.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    When I give up the BIG gear I will sell it to you. You may have to wait awhile though, I will hang on for as long as I can. :>))) Just short of losing the use of my hands and arms. :>)))

Happy Birthday.

Hope you will love your new monitor.

Tell me when you look at yours does it look like everything is quite noisey. I just got a reconditioned Samsung SyncMaster 172T... Colors are beautiful but editing, I can not tell from the noise if it is really there or not. So went back to the CRT. Not sure of the color, but no noise.

Maybe I need to do something to it. Just used the auto set-up analog.

Thanks for any in-put.

11. Thx Gale.

I do not see any noise that I have noticed so far. I am using analog right now I want to get DVI cable and try that out.

I wonder if you just have a bad cable? Or loose connection?

Or possibly do a fan or anything else with a motor nearby your computer? Things with motors can generate mucho noise.