New Monitor, what color mode?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Brew, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Brew

Brew Guest

Hey all,

Our old ProSonic CRT screen died this past weekend so I went shopping and ended up with a NEC Multisync 1970GX LCD :lol:

I really like this monitor a lot compared to the others that were displayed.

You can set different color modes and my question is should I set it to sRGB? It seems to look very accurate with this setting but I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I have my NEC Multisynch LCD1860NX set to sRGB and I like how it looks. I have also used a couple of different cailbration methods to set it up.

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    My NEC CRT monitor has an sRGB mode but in that mode almost all the adjustment controls are locked out so you can't really adjust/tune the display if you're using tools such as Eye One etc. So I just use the regular mode that allows me to configure everything myself.