New neighborhood....new sights.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Yvette, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Well it has been a while since I last posted anything. The last couple of months have been tough with our move but the children are finally back at school and I can dust the camera off. At the entrance to our nieghborhood there are two beautiful ponds on either side of the road and this GBH sits there every day. This was taken in the evening.

gbh.

gbh2.

2. Hi Yvette,
    I like the ruffled feathers.
    Welcome back, Fred

3. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    hi Yvette. First of all welcome to your new home I hope that is a lucky home for you all. In regards to your photos. I think that the first one is fabulous the detail is all there clean and crisp. I also have the D300 and it is a fabulous camera. I would strongly recommend that you should get the battery grip with the eight AA batteries as will they bring your speed up to 8 fps.

All the best.
    mike

4. welcome home, yvette
    glad that your move is done and the kids are back in school

we've missed you

love that first one, yvette
    very nice

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Fred. It is good to be back.

Thank you Mike. I think we are going to be happy here. I only wish I had the D300. That would be nice.

Hey Greg, thanks for looking. It is good to be back. I have missed everyone here on the forum. Hopefully I can get back into my routine of spending some time here every day.

6. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    O my apologies. I don't know how I made that mistake. I wonder is it an omen??
    My wife Mary has the D80 also, with a battery grip and Nikon 18/200 lens. She wouldn't change for my D300 as she loves the flexibility of the D80. She doesn't bother with the battery grip anymore as she likes to travel lighte.

All the best.

Mike.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_irish/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    No problem Mike. I would really like the D300 but it is just out of my budget. But I can't really complain about the D80....it has served me well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.