1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR Owner

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by LeeF, Jun 30, 2008.

1. LeeF

LeeF

May 24, 2008
    Massachusetts, USA
    Just got it a couple of days ago and I'm blown away by it's sharpness and smooth operation. Only drawback is weight and I need a new camera bag to fit it.

321023922_o86kS-L-1.

This is one of the first shots I took with it. And this had a 1.7 TC attached.

1/1000, F4, 180mm, ISO 200, Monopod

Granted, this could be sharper but, after all, it will take a little practice to get my technique down pat.

2. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    Wow, thats a good shot. I'm sooo jealous, I wish I had a 70-200 VR.

3. LeeF

LeeF

May 24, 2008
    Massachusetts, USA
    Once I had the funds to purchase, I looked around for a source that had one in stock. All the usual mail orders places were back ordered. Checked a number of loactions in Massachusetts (my home) with no luck. Ran into a shop in southern NH that got one in the day before. They held it for me while I ran up there.

It is a real gem and worth every penny.

4. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Beautiful shot!! You need a bag you say? Check out the Tamrac Velocity 9 it has a TON of room!! I just got it to house my D80, Sigma 70-200mm, Nikon 17-55, SB600, and a bunch of other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
  5. LeeF

LeeF

May 24, 2008
    Massachusetts, USA
    taat2d;

It'll be here by the end of the week!

6. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I LOVE that bag!!! I got mine on Saturday. I can't believe the amount of room inside the bag for gear. And it conforms to your body, and the bag itself is soooo thin. I was really amazed aftet getting this bag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.