New Nikon 70-200 Lens

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by cdnpilot, Mar 11, 2018.

1. So, I thought about upgrading last year - then thought, how much better can it really be? The day Glenn shot some skating beside me I spoke to him about his. Ok, maybe I should take the plunge...

This weekend was the second time I used it (first time I looked at the photos) and saw this. Holy cow chips.... this was just one of a few thousand I took yesterday and is straight out of camera - nothing done to it not even cropped. I am really stunned by the IQ (D500, 1250 2.8 1/500). Ice-18-2325289-D51_3752.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wow, that is a very nice photograph.

3. MNglass

MNglass

Dec 7, 2005
    Great shot! What did you upgrade from?

4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Oh my - that is stunning! What a wonderful photo!

5. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    great shot

6. Great shot for sure...love the new 70-200 f/2.8 E

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm in serious love with my 70-200E FL. Beautiful shot Kevin.

8. Since getting my D850 I've been seriously debating replacing my Tamron 70-200 with the Nikon E....(along with the 24-70)....this is not helping me save my money.... :-P

• Like Like x 1
  9. He he, ha ha :D :D :D 

10. Does this mean I get to blame you when my CC is short a few K? ;-)

I'm actually going to go thru and AF-Fine tune my Tamrons and see if maybe I'm not a little out of wack...I'm just being lazy about it right now (when I actually shouldn't be being lazy about it)....

11. Sure, why not . . . .:devil: 

12. It's not about nailing AFT Tim, although razor sharp it's about how the E FL renders that makes it so special. It has a "real" feel to it that makes it so special IMHO. Resistance is futile, you will NOT be sorry.:) (y)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah - I know but I'm trying to be frugal. ;)  Every image I see from the 70-200 just pushes me a little closer to pulling the trigger. And I think the 70-200 will be first over the 24-70 as well....maybe my lottery tix will finally pay off this week... :D 

14. Thanks for the kind comments on the photo - my intent was just to show how amazing this lens is. I have my Tamron up for sale (was a backup to the older VR II).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Go whole hog, Tim. Be bold, be the first: Nikon Nikkor AF-S 180-400mm f/4 ED TC VR lens now shipping, new test photos | Nikon Rumors

PS: It will be OK to blame me .. .:rolleyes: 

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. That is an outstanding photograph. Helps to have a beautiful young model, too.

17. Thanks Jim - I was in the right place at the right time.... :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.