New Nikon Cameras on the way!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaucamera, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Do you think the D70 replacement will finally by a digital version of the F100???

2. Nope. Doesn't sound like it from what I hear. Probably similar minor upgrade like D2Hs over D2H.

If you want to upgrade from the D70, you should probably wait for the D100 replacement instead (or go for the D2H if you can still find one for the $2K price).

I'm waiting for the D100 replacement myself.

_Man_

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    helppppp....no more cameras.....lol

4. Gale,

With all of these cameras coming out, you need to upgrade with the rest of us :)

5. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Ah, don't worry Gale, the D70s is essentially identical to the D70, and the D50 is nearly identical too. The only notable difference with the D50 is that it uses an SD card.

More of that D2Hs mentality at Nikon. Oh well.

6. Rats!

I was hoping for at least an upgrade to the AF system. Nikon has the CAM1300 (F5/F100 system) that they could use and still be different from the D2 series. The D70 with the CAM1300 is very close to a digital F100. Oh well...

7. What, no 8mp for the D70s? What's up with that? I was hoping to pick up a sub 1000 cam to compliment my D2H, darn it!

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Yup, no AF changes, no more mp's - ala D2Hs. The D50's aimed to bridge prosumer cameras & DSLRs (essentailly a D70 with a SD card slot).

There are no notable differences between the D70 and the D70s except for the name plate. Seems like Nikon's new way of making more models.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Melissa,

I ain't upgradin nothin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yet

10. Maybe Nikon should change it's name to Canikon, because I thought incremental changes was a Canon thing! :p

11. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Hmm.... I wouln't even call it an incremental change :/