New Nikon Cameras on the way!

Nope. Doesn't sound like it from what I hear. Probably similar minor upgrade like D2Hs over D2H.

If you want to upgrade from the D70, you should probably wait for the D100 replacement instead (or go for the D2H if you can still find one for the $2K price).

I'm waiting for the D100 replacement myself.

_Man_

gho

Ah, don't worry Gale, the D70s is essentially identical to the D70, and the D50 is nearly identical too. The only notable difference with the D50 is that it uses an SD card.

More of that D2Hs mentality at Nikon. Oh well.

Rats!

I was hoping for at least an upgrade to the AF system. Nikon has the CAM1300 (F5/F100 system) that they could use and still be different from the D2 series. The D70 with the CAM1300 is very close to a digital F100. Oh well...

gho

Yup, no AF changes, no more mp's - ala D2Hs. The D50's aimed to bridge prosumer cameras & DSLRs (essentailly a D70 with a SD card slot).

There are no notable differences between the D70 and the D70s except for the name plate. Seems like Nikon's new way of making more models.

gho said:
Yup, no AF changes, no more mp's - ala D2Hs. The D50's aimed to bridge prosumer cameras & DSLRs (essentailly a D70 with a SD card slot).

There are no notable differences between the D70 and the D70s except for the name plate. Seems like Nikon's new way of making more models.

Maybe Nikon should change it's name to Canikon, because I thought incremental changes was a Canon thing! :p

Latest threads

Top Bottom