New Nikon Item!

I just came back from Allen's Camera in Levittown PA and he showed me an email he had just rec'd from Nikon showing a new Hand Strap (which looked just like Canons). The picture showed it mounted on a D2Xs. He called and ordered fifty of them while I was there. I don't no when he'll get them in but he told me in about two weeks. Didn't give a price. I've used the Canon one and it sure is a nice piece of "standard" equipment with the big Canons. Hope Nikon is just as nice.

I hope nikon includes a strap thing on the bottom in the D3 liek Canon does on their 1D bodies/vertical grips. One thing I loved about my 1D was that the hand strap didnt need an extra piece on the bottom

Hmm, very interesting. Perhaps they designed it to be OEM for the D3 but have decided to release it before the D3 launches.

I also had a feeling that it was something that would be included with a forthcoming new body. While at the store they told me that they had some kind of Nikon Dealer Seminar on June 2nd, but that Nikon was extremely tight lipped about anything coming out. They can't get any info out of them. A staff member mentioned a 24-120mm f/2.8 VR again but who knows. It does seem to be the most mentioned but I'll believe it when I can put it on my D2x. I don't know how I can get the part number. He ordered them yesterday and it may seem odd that I would need the part number. I''ll feel it out. Oh while I was there I bought a 200mm f/2, so far it is an awesome lens. Allen's stocks everything and has an enormous inventory of both new and used. I've been there when FedEx delivers dozens of Canon and Nikon Super Tele's. Great people. He will best B&H on all items but you should talk to Allen himself.

I just came back from Allen's Camera in Levittown PA

I've got family in Lebanon and Mount Joy, both southeastern PA.
How far is Allen's in Levittown from these two communities? I go up every other year for the Christmas Holidays and if it's not too far I would love to visit the place. Fortunatly my young neice drives me around when I visit (This ole Bama Boy ain't used to your winding mountain roads:eek: , everything here is flat).:wink:

L

LisaR

If you get one Larry .... please post about it. I just ran into a girl last week that has one for her Canon and I have been looking for one for the Nikon. On my camcorder, it has a velcro hand strap on the side and I really like it on that .... now would I on the camera ... I'm not sure, but I would be willing to try it! Sure beats it hanging around my neck in certain situations!

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but I have a generic leather hand strap that wraps around my hand and keeps my hand on the camera in shooting position. There is no cord that goes from the strap to the camera - just the strap ON the camera. The camera (a D200 with Kirk L-bracket) hangs from my hand and is ready when I need it. It's comfortable and I love it and haven't used a neck strap since i got it.

DAB

Bobby Being as the way traffic is around here Lebanon is probably 2 1/2 hours or so from Allen's. Look at your map and you will see Levittown near the Delaware River and Trenton NJ. I'm located in central Bucks County and Allens' is only 19 miles from me but takes an hour on a good day to get there. I was there again today and will post information about this thing when I get one. He did not give me the part number. Again from the very quick look I was given at the email it looked very very much like the Canon. The only difference I saw in that short period of time is how it mounted to the bottom of the camera. It will attach to the tripod socket which could interfere with mounting on a tripod. I'm more interested in how it mounts to the upper studs on a D2X. The picture showed it mounted on a D2Xs or.............maybe some other Nikon Pro Body, couldn't tell.

How about this one?

153614113-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You can get it from mountain sport supply stores. It's a carribiner and with the two plastic do-hickies cost about 3 bucks. I was showing it to a local store owner. He had it on his wrist and called out to show it to an employee. When he gestured the D2X slipped out of his hand..seriously! He grabbed the camera back up and looked at me with eyes the size of half-dollars in shock...and then grinned. He said..."hmmm I need one of these!"

Rich

Thanx for the info

Thank you Larry, I know how congested the traffic gets near Lancaster or Harrisburg much less Levittown which looks closer to Philly than I have ever been! Please forgive me but you Yankee's drive very fast and those winding roads scare me! I'm used to seeing down the road quite a bit and the roads near my family are not only winding but narrow as well. Thankfully I have a loving and understanding neice who drives me around to visit when I'm up there. Maybe she would like to make a day of it? I'll have to get the highway maps and check before I visit next Christmas. Thanks again for the response.

fks

hi larry-

thanks for asking, i appreciate the effort :smile:

from your description, this sounds like the old AH-4. i wonder if nikon has updated it?

ricky

I was there again today and will post information about this thing when I get one. He did not give me the part number. Again from the very quick look I was given at the email it looked very very much like the Canon. The only difference I saw in that short period of time is how it mounted to the bottom of the camera. It will attach to the tripod socket which could interfere with mounting on a tripod.

SRA

I just placed an order from Camdapter for a new leather grip. I have the Nikon AH-4 and did not like it. I want to be able to get my hand in and out of the strap quickly. To me the AH-4 feels to much like a glove. This grip adapter can be ordered in many different colors, leathers, and thicknesses. I am purchasing the cowhide (thicker) model. It should fit nicely with the RRS L bracket.

The owner has asked me to spread the word, so here in image from his site:

img_2449.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's the kind (but not the brand) that I have also, Scott. It's on my camera 100% of the time.

DAB

L

LisaR

Thanks Scott .... this is exactly what I'm hunting for, but that site only takes Paypal (and very limited contact info) .... and I don't have one. :frown: I'll keep looking .... maybe I will luck up and find one someplace.

Good to hear. Do you keep your neck strap on too?

I never use a neck strap anymore.

I think this is what I have: http://www.adorama.com/HAKGP02.html. I took off the plastic tripod mount and threw it away, reversed the leather pad (to make it right handed) and attached one end to the top right corner where you usually attach your camera strap, and attached the other end to the Kirk plate. Works perfectly.

DAB

SRA

Thanks Scott .... this is exactly what I'm hunting for, but that site only takes Paypal (and very limited contact info) .... and I don't have one. :frown: I'll keep looking .... maybe I will luck up and find one someplace.

Lisa,

I don't have paypay either. I used my credit card.

I ordered up a strap to try and also ordered one of the Arca plus adaptors to try on a D40. My D200 has an L bracket but I can't get one for the little Nikon body and the Kirk/RRS QR camera plates don't facilitate a strap attachment.

Looking forward to trying these products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom