New (November) Photoshop Update

From what I read on Adobe forums, there are still components of Lightroom that will not work with Mac OS Catalina, and they still recommend waiting until those are fixed before upgrading the system. Specifically, the updater will not work, nor the uninstaller. I have disabled the Auto Update for system software so my computer doesn't try to do it at night. I am waiting until all is better.

Thanks for the posts.

Steve, several programs I use are 64 bit but according to Go64 have elements that are not Cat compatible. When I loaded Helicon I got a message saying its "COHeliconFocusPlugin" could not load. I had to move it from its location to the desktop before Helicon would load.

I did not get any such message with Adobe products. That doesn't mean there are incompatible elements but I haven't found any problems. Like others those YMMV as no one :) uses all aspects of a program.

As you can tell I am on Cat. I don't see any advantages of upgrading though.

Thanks Allen. Today my CC indicates upgrades to all my photography apps. I hope that means the new upgrades are more compatible with Catalina, but I will wait to hear from others before installing Cat.

Real Name
Chris
I updated Photoshop CC today and the new Object Selection Tool was NOT added. Apparently that and perhaps other changes will be rolled out gradually throughout the month.
Did you update to the correct version? There was recently an update to 20.0.7 and then yesterday version 21. Make sure you have the right one.

Thank you to Dave and Chris! When I updated, I don't remember seeing a choice about which version to update to and I don't ever remember seeing such a choice any previous time I updated. After seeing your comments and reviewing the Adobe CC app, I saw that both versions were installed. So, I uninstalled 20.0.7.

The problem now is that I can no longer directly hand off images from my cataloging software to Photoshop. That's probably a pretty easy fix done by "pointing" the cataloging software to Photoshop's .exe file. I'll hold off on doing that until after I eat breakfast, as I very recently got out of bed, am starving, and have already learned two important things here at the Cafe!

Last edited:
If you are happy that your V21 is working OK you can uninstall 20.0.7.

DG

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
It appears that the latest CC updates requires Windows 1809.......and yes, that is still on my list of things to do! And we leave Friday for 6 days. So, maybe by Christmas I'll get this done! :oops:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
You're really behind if you haven't updated to 1809. I installed CC updates on Windows 1903.
Yes...so sad. I've tried a couple of times and each time it failed. Richard has advised me how to get through this, but life has got in the way. 2 weeks in Calif with my 89 year old mother, recently out the hospital with pneumonia and a mild heart attack. She is back to living alone in a rural area...... And a 6 day trip coming up. I think the drinking team should start right away! I'm gonna need the support!

Yes...so sad. I've tried a couple of times and each time it failed. Richard has advised me how to get through this, but life has got in the way. 2 weeks in Calif with my 89 year old mother, recently out the hospital with pneumonia and a mild heart attack. She is back to living alone in a rural area...... And a 6 day trip coming up. I think the drinking team should start right away! I'm gonna need the support!
DST is on it. I had a tooth pulled this morning so no alcohol for me tonight. But I picked up a Rioja recommended by a wine enthusiast friend. I'll uncork that tomorrow night to kick off my share of DST support activities.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom