New PC Components

West coast of FL (formerly Westchester County, NY)
Reading this thread made me realize that I know absolutely nothing about computers. It is as if the post was written in Swahili. I found it fascinating not for the technical information, but for the language which appears to me to be gibberish. I tip my hat to those who actually have an idea what is being discussed.

To use a photography analogy, these guys are using D-5's and I am using a Kodak Brownie.

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Hi Rick There is a first time for everything and hopefully we all learn something new each day! If you don't have an interest it reading about the challenges of building your (own) PC then this clearly this isn't the place for you. I like to learn new things. To expand my knowledge and sometimes venture into the unknown. I could just you out and purchase a new PC, but then wouldn't be the same to me. Money isn't the deciding factor for me IT'S THE CHALLENGE AND EXCITEMENT I CRAVE. But then to each his own I supose.
Cheers.
Mike

Hi Rick There is a first time for everything and hopefully we all learn something new each day! If you don't have an interest it reading about the challenges of building your (own) PC then this clearly this isn't the place for you. I like to learn new things. To expand my knowledge and sometimes venture into the unknown. I could just you out and purchase a new PC, but then wouldn't be the same to me. Money isn't the deciding factor for me IT'S THE CHALLENGE AND EXCITEMENT I CRAVE. But then to each his own I supose.
Cheers.
Mike
Doing it because you enjoy it is possibly the best reason to build your own. Building something to meet as specific set of usage requirements that cannot be easily met by an off the shelf system is another. Cost is the worst reason. These days it is very difficult to meet or beat the price for an adequate-for-most-needs system.

You do it because you love it. Impossible to argue with that. (y)

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Doing it because you enjoy it is possibly the best reason to build your own. Building something to meet as specific set of usage requirements that cannot be easily met by an off the shelf system is another. Cost is the worst reason. These days it is very difficult to meet or beat the price for an adequate-for-most-needs system.

You do it because you love it. Impossible to argue with that. (y)

Thank you Doug. You know me better that myself. You got it in one.:pompous:
Cheers.
Mike

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Hi All. Well I thought that I should update you as to the progress of the New PC. I received the New replacement motherboard yesterday so I taught that I would take a couple of photos before I changed the bours out. I only hope that this new and more expensive Motherboard works properly now. I chose to upgrade the board because the other two boards had faults with them. the first one wouldn't even bootup. The second one has a faulty HDMI out. I had not intended to use an external graphics card co this was a big deal for me. the new board is a ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT and the reviews are promising. As you can see the case I chose for this build is small and very compact.
REgards.
Mike

#1.
26938433936_5ff9469311_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_1055untitled-shoot160423-2 by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

#2.
26877692912_8baef124c4_c.jpg
DSC_1054untitled-shoot160423-2 by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

#3.
26938431196_7f84922b19_c.jpg
DSC_1078untitled-shoot160512-2 by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

26877692612_96aebe7749_c.jpg
DSC_1076untitled-shoot160512-Edit by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

26903409771_52571ec0ca_c.jpg
DSC_1070untitled-shoot160512-Edit by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom