New pics by Ximina

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gho, Mar 3, 2005.

1. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Gregory,

This is really nice. Wow can you imagina a very young child with a camera. Amazing. Good pics little one.

Poor Mommie has a camera frm all directions :>))

Thanks for sharing .

Regards
    Gale

3. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks Gale!

Actually Mommy complains I never take photos of her any more :/

You don't have to imagine a young child with a camera, I took a photo for ya!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    How old is Ximina?? These shots are pretty doggone good for any age.... :D :D

So when are you going to retire and become her agent.... :p

Frank

5. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I recently gave my 8 yr old son my old Fuji p&s digital. Last weekend we all went to Longwood Gardens. My son with his camera, My wife with her *istDS and me with my D100. We had a "photo-contest" during the day to see who could get the best shots. Later that night we all looked at the photos on the computer and "voted" on who had the best photos of the day. You were allowed to vote more than once, but not for your own. Anyway, my wife won by a slight margin over my son. He really had some very good shots. I am very surprised at his composition :)
    I was so disappointed with my shots that day, (approx 100) that I think I will erase all of them. :cry:
    Your daughter looks like a natural. I think that digital is perfect for kids, instant gratification and really no cost.

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Frank: Ximina's 3 - but she's been taking pics for a couple of years. You can see some pics in her gallery she took when she was one.

She often takes better photos than myself. I think I must be in the wrong line of work.

Dave: That sounds like fun. I can't get my wife to pick up the camera. Last time she wanted to take a pic at a public aquarium of Jellyfish (low light situation behind glass).

Needless to say, her results weren't very encouraging to her.

I think that digital is perfect for kids, instant gratification...
    Funny - Actually her first camera didn't even have an LCD.

I was out with my daughter taking photos she ran inside and came out with a happy meal toy and used it like a camera (it was some space ship thingy):

After that, we got her a little $20 digicam with no LCD review, that she shot for a while:
    http://www.pbase.com/ximina/ximina_2003

...and really no cost.
    Funny you should say that. So my daughter is shooting with my P5 and my aunt sees and tells Ximina not to do that. And I ask her why? And she says that it wastes film. Hmmm... Even if it did use film, I don't think its wasteful at all to see through my daughter's eyes - more like priceless. But that's just me.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Gregory,

Truly Priceless..

:>)))) makes me smile alot.

Regards
    Gale

8. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Gregory,

The great part of this is we'll get to see Ximina grow with her camera and her talent. What a great idea to give her the camera so young.

Best to you!

Gaye

9. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Ok, I'm PMing Patrick or Frank and asking this thread be deleted!!!!

It's no fair that a three year old is taking better pics than I can!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, those really aren't bad at all Gregory. :D

Neil

10. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Gale: No, thank you! She makes me smile a lot too. Everyday with her brings me joy (along with my other daughter too).

Gaye: Thanks... Actually, she instigated it. I just listened to her. She's a quick one.

NeilCam: Hehehe... I figured you'd want the thread deleted for the other reason, :wink: :wink:

Actually I think she takes better pics than me. It's a good thing that she can't process her pics yet, so its pretty much straight out of camera, but she's starting to get ideas. Uh oh...

Not sure how long you've been into photography, but she's been taking photos for 2/3 of her life, whereas I've only been into photography for less than 1/2 my life.

11. The real question is - when does she get to become a fully fledged forum member in her own right ?

Nice, as always!

12. The real question is - when does she get to become a fully fledged forum member in her own right ?

Nice, as always!

13. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    LOL!! no, actually... ROFLMAO... I'm not sure you'd want her to join. Endless threads of "Nemo" shots done with the "other" brand.

But hey, if she can type - she already uses the computer to view her images with the mouse and all.

Funny, never even showed her how to click or spin that wheel.

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    OK, did You name these shots, or did she? ;c)

MY guess is that she named them. So much fun to see her photographic eye "developing"!

15. Well then, if she shoots the "other" brand, maybe we can enroll her on the 1Ds and 1D Forum over at DPR. Bet you she'll give them a run for their money......

16. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Steve: Yup, she named them! She loves looking at her pics. And she often yells out the titles while pointing :D

Peter: Wow a 1Ds? I'm sure she'd give me a run for my money. I did post in the CTF but they don't seem to be interested. She has a few fans in NTF though.

Hey, by the way, we went to pick up her fixed 3200 today. Quick turn around - only 1 week to fix. I thought for sure it would take longer since it's just a entry level consumer cam. Nice friendly service too with a huge fish in the lobby that my daughter took a pic of.

They even allowed me to pick up my camera 5 minutes after closing. They close at 1500 hrs and its tough for me to get my 2 kids out of the house fast enough to make the hour long drive.

Camera works great. Ximina says, "Wau, big camera - look like daddy's camera" I asked her which one she liked better, and she says "the small camera." Humph.... Oh well, if the other one breaks now she has a backup.