New Picture of the Day Thread for today, 01/28/2005....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Retief, Jan 28, 2005.

1. I figure the other one is 6 pages long, and I'm tired of going to the last page :lol: .

So, I guess I'll start things off by saying that I took the day off, because it looked like we might have some sun this AM and I wanted to find the Swans in the Sunlight. Well, the first thing I found were some Canadian Geese, and even at a distance they were loud:

Takeoff:
    DSC1164.sized.

Follow the Leader - into the mist:
    DSC1193.sized.

And then the Swans got going....

Synchronicity - notice the OOF geese in the background on the upper left
    DSC1316.sized.

A Butt Shot for Harris :lol: :
    DSC1346.sized.

Duck, Duck........:
    DSC1366Crop.sized.

The Squadron on Patrol:
    DSC1459.sized.

If you are not totally bored by now, the whole gallery is here:
    http://deweydrive.com/gallery/album15

I got lucky with the sunlight, actually had to avoid some shots as I had birds circle over me and couldn't shoot into the sun. You can also see from a couple that they came closer today. What a nice day to shoot. And suggestions, criticisms, critiques, grips, pass them along please. If I don't like them, I'll just ignore them :wink: .

2. Bill, these are some might fine looking images. I really enjoyed seeing this many good images lined up one after another. Excellent.

Gordon

3. Hey, Gordon, welcome, glad to see you here, a fine place it is tuning out to be.

Thanks for the nice compliments, the birds are doing all the hard work, I just stand there and push bottons :wink: . I have gotten lucky the last couple of weeks, now I just have to hope I can keep the luck going.

4. Here's one from yesterday:

original.

5. El, Superbo, Harris, but I think there is something wrong with the color. That bird don't look to "blue" to me.........

What I am waiting for is when you harness up a couple of these and have them take you water-skiing. How about you do that during the gathering next month and Frank can get an "action shot"?

Sounds like a plan to me........

6. Hi Harris

Gee Haris that bird doesn't even look air worthy, kind of like the spruce goose. It's redeeming quality is the fact that you photographed it so well. Nicely done.

Gordon

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Bill and Harris,

Those are great!

Thanks for starting a new thread!

8. My modest contribution for 29-01-2005

She ad an audition today and she was actually quite nervous.

To let her stress out, I took a few pictures of her ...

here they are ...

original.

9. OK here is mine from today, the reason they are called front yard birds, this beast roams the backyard. Notice she has his #5 Philadelphia Eagles jersey on.
    Taken with the D2H and the 300 f4 set WB using the Expodisk
    f7.1 1/750s

original.