1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New portrait model...first attempts!

Discussion in 'People' started by VoidRaven, Aug 5, 2008.

1. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    On 7/3/08 at 4:31pm our beautiful daughter Kerrigan Marie entered the world, albeit reluctantly :biggrin: She is a joy...a blessing in our lives and a new-found inspiration for me to snap frame after frame. Just wanted to share some recent photos. It's been a fun challenge learning this 17-55 but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I think it might be time to add some basic lights and umbrellas/soft boxes next.

Anyway, just wanted to share the overflowing happiness in our lives.

Oh, and please C&C. I can't get better without honest feedback.

With mommy in the hospital

AndreaandKerriganweb.

A very tired mommy and baby

View attachment 234775

Our little firecracker (the hat say "I'm your little firecracker")

View attachment 234776

The photos that went out with her birth announcement

View attachment 234777

View attachment 234778

And my personal favorite...Mommy, Kerrigan, and the great protector (one of our two dogs)

View attachment 234779

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Don

HUGE Congratulations to you and your wife! I'm not a baby expert and being completely honest, most newborn babies look a little angry, red and squashed to me but your daughter looks just perfect. #1 and #2 are my favorites plus the last one. I like the way the three of them are in the last one but I'm wondering how a close crop on just the baby would look - I love her relaxed little arm. Well done!

3. awesome shots
    congratulations to you and your wife

there is no greater inspiration to shoot than your children

wow....
    we are so happy to have you share this moment with your family here at THE CAFE
    the best of luck to all of you

4. Congratulations Don! She's so adorable.

5. Congrats. Lovely little girl there!

6. Congratulations!!

What a chubby little cutie.

7. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Leah...Thank you! Parenthood has been an amazing whirlwind and I can believe that she is one month old already! I will have to play with that last photo again and see what a close crop on Kerrigan looks like. Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg...I actually feel bad that I did share more sooner! I have been lurking more in the Cafe lately getting ideas for portraits for Kerrigan and I couldn't believe I forgot to share with folks here. Had to rectify that right away! More will follow as I get time to process them (whenever that will be!).

Phil....Thanks! I thank the Good Lord that she got her mom's blond hair and blue eyes.

To me the first two shots seem to have a bit of a yellow/tan cast to them.....am I seeing things?

8. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Brian....Thanks! She certainly stole my heart.

Terri....Thank you! Mom loves gently squeezing those little chubby cheeks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.