New portraits - shot with Alien Bees

Discussion in 'People' started by Henry Goh, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Got my ABs in April/May but only managed to setup for some portraits tonight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Henry Goh

2. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Here's another shot:

[​IMG]

3. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Absolutely beautiful work Henry! Well done!

4. Looks like they work great! Lovely shots.

5. 1st one... looks a little too dark for me also the shadows on her clothing sticks out a little too much, and the pose looks weird - not really bad, but just weird.

2nd one... wb looks a little odd, there are some hot spots on her face and skin you could go over, cropping seems off - I'd rather see more room at the top than bottom. Also, her shoes look like you cut them out of a background...

3rd one... pretty good, again just a little too dark for me, and maybe I'd try to clean up her face just a little more, but it's good the way it is.

6. Henry, you are well on your way with your new studio lights. Very nice.

7. I like the last one but it is under exposed. A simple levels adjustment will take from a nice photo to a beautiful photo.

You're off to a good start.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    What's up Henry!? Long time no see! I think they look good, esp the 3rd posted pic! That one's dynomite! My only nitpick is that there doesn't appear to be any "floor" in shot #2. It's almost as if she's floating.

9. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Thanks guys! Appreciate each and every feedback you gave.

Hi Steve! Yeah, I should keep to my regular stuff and not go with white b/g.

[​IMG]

10. Good looking first attempts!! In #3, I would clone out some of that glitter on the model's face...

11. Very nice Henry.

12. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Thanks Roy

[​IMG]

13. Beautiful Henry... the glitter distracts me a bit... but not that much since the model is very pretty. Where did you place the alienbees in this setup?

14. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Thanks and you're right of course

I shouldn't have let the girls play with their glitter. Maybe this one will make up for it?

[​IMG]

Henry

Edit: Medium SB to left of camera, medium SB next to camera right, hair light on boom and one light on b/g

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  15. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I think the lighting, tones and texture of the first shot are just great. I like the last one also, but it looks to me like you took too much texture out of her skin.

DAB

16. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Dab

Probably DAB, probably:frown:

17. Nice shots Henry.