New PP technique...

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by rustyfingers, Jun 5, 2007.

1. At least for me anyway :biggrin:

Any thoughts good, bad are welcome.

Processed:
    [​IMG]

Original:
    [​IMG]

2. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Denis,

I very much like your processed version. Can you outline your processing? The additional contrast separates and enhances the transition between colours, and increased sharpening adds to the overall effect.
    However, I must say I prefer the original, mainly because this particular photo is really excellent, for me, as is. I like the background leaves and detail in the foreground. The girl also has much more detail in her hair etc. and I think it's more flattering. I find the texture that has resulted on her legs distracting. Perhaps another image will benefit more from this technique? I really do like your result...just wonder if perhaps it's a little strong for the image. :smile:

3. Thanks for the helpful comments Robert. When I get something consistent I'll put it up, right now it's kinda hit and miss.

Thanks again
    Dennis

4. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I like the color and grain look. Not sure I like the highlights.

5. It is a very interesting "look"....I like it :smile: Agree with Robert about the legs though.

6. I like the look of this processing. Sure would like to know how you did it though.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very nicely done. A real work of art !!!!!

Regards

RFC

8. Looks good, but if you could somehow preserve the skin texture of the original it would look even better.

Cheers

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like the original:>))))))
    Interesting procesing though
    Would be interested in what you did

10. The original's so beautiful it doesn't need any enhancing. Still, a pretty effect.

11. KrysiaG

KrysiaG Guest

I like it, too. I am interested in how you did that. I like both versions.

12. Thanks to everyone for your kind comments and interest in the PP technique. I'm still working on what I actually did and trying to reproduce the results.

Thanks again
    Dennis