New Q6600 PC Build Results - Long

Conrad,

I installed the q6600 and collecting timings before I OC. You indicated initially OCing to 3.6 GHz with 9 multiplier and a FSB of400 Ghz and then cut back to 3.2GHz. What multiplier/FSB are you running now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,
I am running with a 9 multiplier with a FSB of 356 mHz -
I kept Speedstep etc engaged so the CPU will use a lower multiplier (6 I think) when it is not being loaded.
I am running the memory at a 5:6 ratio for a memory freq of 427 mHz.
Memory timings are set by SPD at 5.0 r r 15 CR is 2T

To date, I have had zero issues with the hardware setup or with Vista 64.

Interesting post!

I'm running a P4 2.8Ghz thats been running @ 3.5Ghz for the past 3 years.

Its creaking a little - I was thinking of adding some more RAM, but it looks like I'll be very CPU bound.

The QuadCore is a very tempting price, although it would be a whole new motherboard etc for a new machine. You've tempted me though :)

Wait a few weeks for the New 45nm Intel quads, faster, but more importantly much lower in power consumption and prices starting at 300 dollars or there abouts. Should blow the old 65nm Quads out of the water, the 65nm quads are not that overclockable but even if you don't overclock. You want your PC to run as cool as possible. I'm contemplating on upgrading my PC as well, but watching closely for prices to fall. I have a single core right now thats liquid cooled.

I would not mind this setup though,

Intel Quad E9850
8800GT SLI
8 GIG DDR 2
150 GIG Raptor,

The rest of the parts I already have, PSU and stuff so the upgrade won't be that damgeing as the post, at $2800.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom