New River Bridge WV and New River...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by shadow, Oct 18, 2005.

1. This is my first post here at this forum but I thought I'd share. Please feel free to comment and critique. I'm an amateur and just trying to get better.

The New River Bridge is the largest single arch bridge in the Western Hemisphere and it is a massive sight to behold. It just made me say "Wow!" on more than one occaision. The Bridge is located on US Rt 19 near Fayetteville West Virginia. The New River is one of the best and more popular rivers for White Water Rafting.

Thanks for looking....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again Thanks for looking and thanks for any input you may have.

2. Welcome to the cafe Neal! I think this IS the right place to post such wonderful photos.

I would only just suggest -when you feel like it- to drop by the New Members area and tell us some more about yourself...

I hear that icy cold espresso is serving there... :wink:

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow is right! That is some huge bridge! Good looking shots, alll of them. So, you're a Fuji shooter, huh? Well, we won't hold that against you! :wink: Actualy, there are a number of Fuji shooters here. Welcome to the forum!

4. That is a gorgeous place and you have captured it well. I love the perspective of the 2nd shot. Look forward to more of your shots and welcome you here.
    Dave

5. Great shots!

One of my most favorite places! My friends and I ride down there ("down" from Northern Ohio) for some "Harley Therapy" whenever possible...

Were you there for Bridge Day?

Dennis

6. Dennis,

I was there for Bridge Day. Those guys are well.....I call it crazy, they call it bold. I screwed up when shooting on Saturday and had my white balance set incorrectly. I was shooting in JPG so there wasn't a lot I could do to correct it. Here are a couple--all be it not the best quality--shots of a few jumpers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully that's the last time I'll make that error!

Thanks for looking.

7. Thanks...

Getting that shot was not the easiest. To get past the trees along the roadside, i had to climb down a little bank and stand on this rock. From the rock it was straight down into the gorge. Needless to say I didnt' get too close to the edge. It was one of my favorites from the weekend.