1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

new scan...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by pushpin, Jul 14, 2007.

1. 813377412_149e18ef73_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

nikon S2, tri-x, 50mm, f/1.4, 1/125
    photographed back in january at mickies diner, i just now scanned the print.

what do you think? i know the scan is poor but i can't afford a film scanner right now. and i know my highlights are blown but it takes time to learn how to meter with one's brain.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh that's very cool Joe! S2 - how do you like it?

In film we usually call 'blown highlights', white.

3. thanks :) 
    i love the s2. it is such a great little camera. small and compact but kinda heavy which is nice. its as close to a leica i can get for the moment :mad: 

interesting, i've heard of both being generally accepted. blown simply meaning no detail, and highlight meaning bright area. i guess white is applicable as well. tomato tomoto.

4. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    In digital it is called a blown highlight. I see nothing wrong with for my b/w film OR digital work. I call it "the effects of contrast".

In color that mentality is completely reversed. lol

I love it btw. And yes, i'm jealous...I would love that camera!

5. thanks zach and yes this camera is a gem. i'm thinking about getting rid of it, so if you're interested let me know... that's still undecided though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.