New Sharpening tools

Hope some will report back how this works for you.

I haven't tried it yet. Just time, time time..

He is good at what he does with all things. Alot to learn from Mitch.

He can also be found contributing on the Retouching forum on DPR.

Thanks

Wow - Says it can take awhile to process and image can be up to 750 MB. Now that is some serious sharpening going on there.

This is an interesting site - I will hvae to read all the tutorials that they have on there.

So much to learn and read about.....

Thanks Gale.

Gale, thanks for the info. I downloaded the scripts and they seem to do a very good job. I have been using PK Sharpener and my first impression is that the TLR Sharpener does a better job.

Thanks !

Hi Scott

Sounds really interesting
I not to familiar with what to do once you download. Would you unzip file and save as a plug in or just another program under program files.

Thanks dave

David, you need to move the downloaded folder to Photoshops scripts folder. Move or copy the TLR sharpening folder as follows (Photoshop CS2)

Photoshop > Presets > Scripts

You then run the script from the File > Scripts command in PS

Thanks Scott,

I got them downloaded and there in there. I pulled up a raw photo and went to File>Script. The capture sharpening file box opens so large that I can't see the ok or cancel on the bottom. The others are fine. May I will try again and recopy to see if anything changes.
Thanks Scott

So, I downloaded the files and now when I try to unzip them, they appear with Dreamweaver extensions. Is this what is supposed to happen? This isn't the same file format I see in PS2 scripts. Can anybody tell me what to do?

Thanks,

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Virginia,

They are Javascript files (.JS). Just install them under Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop/Presets/Scripts, as Scott mentioned, and restart PS. I suppose that Dreamweaver "hijacks" that extension by making itself the default handler/editor for those files, but it does not matter...

I find these scripts quite capable, with lots of options to tweak, and so far I am pleased with the results. And that's without reading the lengthy PDF accompanying the scripts! ;-)

Hey, Phillipe, that seemed to work. I haven't been using scripts up till now. Pretty niffy I must say. The sharpener worked like a charm. Here's a shot I took last night with my Tamron 28-105mm f/2.8 hand held at 1/50 sec., f/6.3 , ISO 200. I used the "web/multimedia" sharpening for this post. Now I guess I better read that tutorial! Thanks, Gale, for posting this!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

P.S. Does anyone know what kind of wildflower this is?

46002001.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OH you are Welsome Virginia,

Did you also down the 24 page PDF file for it. This is quite a powerful sharpening tool with many options. Will take some time with it on different images to get the most from it I am sure.

Well I could be a smart A*** here and say a little yellow one. But I won't. lolol

I have no Idea. However they are very pretty flowers. I love to come upon little flowers in the grasses. Did when I was a child as well.

This was sharpened with TLR Sharpener. I applied the capture and creative using the Smart sharpen mode at setting 3. The output sharpen was for the web at 1024.

46022138.gif

JAM

I tried it on this image with a lot of detail taken with a (GASP!) Canon 20D.

I like the way it works. Guess I'll read the manual now ;-)

Thanks, Gale, for the tip!

willow.jpg

beaucamera said:
Hey, Phillipe, that seemed to work. I haven't been using scripts up till now. Pretty niffy I must say. The sharpener worked like a charm. Here's a shot I took last night with my Tamron 28-105mm f/2.8 hand held at 1/50 sec., f/6.3 , ISO 200. I used the "web/multimedia" sharpening for this post. Now I guess I better read that tutorial! Thanks, Gale, for posting this!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

P.S. Does anyone know what kind of wildflower this is?

46002001.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is Yellow Stargrass:

24782626-L.jpg

Gale said:
From the Light Right, Glen Mitchel

http://www.thelightsrightstudio.com...hopTools/TLRProfessionalSharpeningToolkit.htm

It is a PS script and also has a 24 page PDF file to download.

For you gurus :>))) FREE

check out this sight if your not familiar. Great stuff lots of tutorials and actions as well.

Have fun

I switched to this the last time I was hunting for a sharpening tool. I tried Nik sharpener pro 2.0. Not good in my opinion. PK sharpener does good but I notice that it increases noise a bit which is ok for smaller prints. Then I found TLR and have been happy with it. My only complaint is that it is slow on a D2x file. :)

Mitch will be delighted with all of your findings. Sure glad it is working out for so many.

My pleasure for sure.

Latest threads

Top Bottom