New Shoot - Brit (Added Pics)

I got together a couple of times with this girl over the past few days. I hadn't worked with her before, and she's not used to modeling, but I think we did some cool stuff together. These are just the first four I edited, I will definitely post more later because we got such a variety...

PS I GOT MY NEW COMPUTER! :D:D:D

A sort of ''Alice in Wonderland" in the coolest local graveyard....haha.
btuck051207013.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

btuck051207082.jpg

A little more traditional...
btuck051007003.jpg

Grungy downtown..
btuck051007160.jpg

Please let me know what you think on any and all aspects of the images! Good or bad ;-)

the third one i could honestly take or leave, doesn't stand out for me like the others do.

the others are brilliant (the first two being my faves). the compositions are strong, the light is beautiful, and the PP is fantastic on all of them. very impressive set.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Another nice set and even more impressive in that you have just begun to work with her. Continued sessions most certainly would produce brilliant results.

B

BigPixel

I like #4. The banged up doors background, the vignetting, all make for a strong image.

Edited cause I can't count. Originally said #3 meaning #4. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you finally got your new computer, Laura. :biggrin:

I like this series. For my taste I personally would blur the bg in #1 more by using a bigger aperture...I note that you used f/8 for that. My fav is the last one.

Thanks for sharing, Laura.

Thanks for your comments, everyone. #3 is not "typical me" - she needed something a little toned down to give out to family. :)

Banhup - I actually almost always prefer to use a wide aperture.. and would have loved to in these shots. I should have experimented more but I didn't think I had a lot of choice, .... maybe I did! I used an sb800 in a small softbox so I used the fstop to compensate for that and a slow shutter to bring in the background. Maybe if I had just used natural lighting? There is so much to think about when you're shooting.. How might you have handled the situation? Everyone else feel free to offer suggestions as well. I'm a sponge for information right now!
I feel like ever since I started using additional lighting it's hard to stop, haha. Maybe I'll grow out of it, but probably just further into it.. :-P I used the softbox in 1 and 2, a reflector in 3, and natural light in 4.. and I like how the natural light worked in 4.

Hey Laura,
Congrats on the new computer. Hopefully your work won't suffer from your new rampant consumerism!:smile:

Lord......next you'll have something besides a kit lens.

All of these are excellent from a technical standpoint, but I'm definitely diggin' the second and fourth the most from the set.

#3 may be more "traditional" and looks slightly out of place among the others posted, but it showcases your ability to work the camera and the light beautifully. I grew up about four blocks from where you took that picture!

Great job!

See you soon.......

Thanks for your comments, everyone. #3 is not "typical me" - she needed something a little toned down to give out to family. :)

I feel like ever since I started using additional lighting it's hard to stop, haha. Maybe I'll grow out of it, but probably just further into it.. :-P I used the softbox in 1 and 2, a reflector in 3, and natural light in 4.. and I like how the natural light worked in 4.

3 definitely works in that regard...its solid...and won't worry the family :p

additional lighting i'd say is impossible to stop. lol. once i started, i literally haven't stopped. i was thinking i'd reply here that i'd not used it on a shoot for the first time in ages last week, but then remembered that i'd used a giant silver reflector for a bit of fill...woopsie :p (which reminds me, i ought to get around to sharing here). i love studio lighting and having total control, but sometimes its nice to go simple and work with reflectors or even an on camera flash (especially if its a necessity since its the end of the semester and everything is due the next day and there's no studio time available, haha).

I love them. It is hard to believe that it is the same girl in the pics. She looks so different in all of them. You are amazing!!!

Sarah

well thanks! haha. she does look different in all of them, definitely a good thing for her to be able to pull off different looks so easily. here are some more of her..:

btuck051007192bw.jpg

btuck051007038.jpg

btuck051007146.jpg

btuck051007247.jpg

btuck051207032.jpg

B

BigPixel

said #3 when I meant #4 earlier on Fred. Can't count I guess....

The tones in #2 in the first set you posted are fantastic!! Nice composition on that and on #4.

The second set isn't as strong, in my opinion. She looks like a fun girl to work with though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom