1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New Sigma 150

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by bill-e, Aug 6, 2008.

1. bill-e

bill-e

May 10, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I just received my Sigma 150mm macro and went outside to take a few shots. I really couldn't get anything very good, it had just poured, no bugs and most of the flowers have bug damage anyway so after taking some shots to check out it's sharpness, I tried a few off focus shots. I kinda like them actually.

The first was taken at 1/5 sec@f16 hand held and I zoomed the focus ring from a starting position of the yellow daisy in focus and finished near where the other flowers were in focus. I think it gives interesting effect.

The second taken at 1/200@3.3 was shot through a bunch of green fern like things which created the softness and bokeh.

No pp but both photos were resized.

Your comments are welcome.

DSC_0624.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0577.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    After such a long wait it looks like you're making the best of your new glass Bill. You got some interesting experimental shots here.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it in the future.

3. tektite

tektite

Jan 23, 2006
    SE NH
    Yes, it poured most of the day in NH !!!! The bugs are still out there. Try using flash with the new lens. Hope to see more shots with the 150.

Gary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.