New Sony dSLR - Large Image Warning

Discussion in 'Non-Nikon Mirrorless' started by barriosa, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Sony already has photos of their new Flagship model 16MB dSLR on their website. Anyone else think this might be a good sign that Nikon will follow soon since they use Sony sensors?

Due in 2008
    [​IMG]

2. is there a link to the story / any info on the spec,. is interesting :smile:

Sil

3. No article I could find just a photo hidden several layers down on their press/images section. It is titled "flagship" as well.

If you just go to Sony.com and do a search for Flagship SLR you will find a page that has what appears to be 3 new models. With any luck, and lots of praying from Cafe members who haven't made the jump to Canon yet, this will hopefully correspond with 2 or 3 new models from Nikon.

I'm only assuming that because they both use the same sensors. No matter how many rebadged Minoltas they sell I'm pretty sure they will make more money placing their sensors in Nikon bodies.

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/image_library/consumer/digital_imaging/digital_cameras

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  4. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    there is supposed to be both an APS-C and a full frame version.

5. Any source for this info? That might at least explain two of the three new bodies showing on their site.

6. Anyone else find more info on the new Sony SLR's? Other than the photos I haven't been anything else "official" on their website.

I guess the big question is where are there new sensors going to appear 1st, in a Sony or in a Nikon?

7. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    Why would you think this sensor is the same as what Nikon uses??? The alpha doesn't use the same mpx sensor that he D200/80/40x uses.

Nikon designs the sensors, sony manufactures them I thought.

8. Actually I thought the Sony A100, the D80 and the D200 all used the same sensor just different metering, processors, etc, etc.

From Dpreview.com review of the D80:
    The D80 slots nicely between the entry-level D50 and the semi-professional / professional D200, clearly based on the D70 design but also different enough to be seen as a completely new model. It features a ten megapixel DX format CCD (the same we presume as used by Sony in the DSLR-A100), the metering sensor from the D50 and numerous other items taken or modified from the D200.

From the A100 review on dcresource.com:
    The camera has a 10.2 Megapixel CCD -- reportedly the same one as in the new Nikon D80 -- which is more than what you'll find on other entry-level D-SLRs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2007