New Status Bar

Discussion in 'Site Information, Help, and Feedback' started by Baywing, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    This morning a status bar has appeared on the right side. I can't find how to get rid of it. I do want the recent posts side bar on the right and it appears the two may be hooked together. The space taken up by the status bar used to contain more recent posts which is what I want.
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Administrator

Feb 25, 2017
    Boston, MA (USA)
    You can show or hide the right column in thread view by toggling the setting in your preferences:

As far as getting rid of status updates and showing more recent posts, that is not possible to do with a setting, but I will make some changes now to show more of the recent posts again for everyone.
  3. Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Kinda what I thought, but thanks for at least adding some more to the recent posts column
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Although I have already chosen 'no' for the right side bar , it is still there. I don't know why..

PS. I have just seen that there is another option in the preferences about the right side bar and I should have changed my preference there to get rid of the right side bar . So , I did and I got rid of the side bar. I'm writing this note because it might be helpful for other members who might make the same mistake as me. The name of the box you have to check as 'no' is ' Show Recent Discussions in thread view right column ? '
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. I still can't find it....arggggg
  6. As Binnur explained, the pertinent setting is "Show Recent Discussions in thread view right column?"
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. Thanks I did click it to NO and still was there, I closed NC and came back and now it's gone? go figure............
  8. now it's back, I'll try Nicks trick......
  9. I find if you you click on "Forums" it does not go away, but once you click on a thread it is gone??? oh well. seem that's the way it has always been...
  10. rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Looks good here, seems to have settled down since last night.
  11. Hi Darrel. As far as I can see, it is always on the 'Home' page and on the 'Forums' page. But, you really don't need to choose a thread in order not to see the right side bar. As soon as you choose a forum (let's say B&W) it disappears immediately.
  12. I do not like the split screen. I have unsuccessfully tried to remove it. Grr !!
    Below is an example.
    _DSC1644 8x10.jpg
  13. menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    i cliked NO and the bar is still there ,when u do improvement to the forum make sure it works , How do we get rid of this annoying side bar ? all solutions mentionned above do not work
  14. Don't forget that after changing the setting, you then have to scroll all the way down to click the Save Changes button to get the change to stick.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  15. I also noticed that Nick's screen shot does NOT display the correct setting. Read Post #6 for the text of the correct setting.

Nick has either drunk too much wine or not enough. Probably not enough. :ROFLMAO:
  16. Hopefully not enough! I was merely showing the Save button. OK, time for some wine.
  17. Unfortunately, your screen shot of the Save Changes button happens to also show the one setting that seems pertinent (as it initially did to me) but actually is not.

I agree: time for some wine also for me!
  18. Mea culpa! :(
  19. menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    I am getting the message : your changes has been saved .....but the status bar is still there unable to get rid of it