New Think Tank backpack announced

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Counter, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-9317-9663

Hmmmm ........................ :smile:

I was thinking of getting the updated Antidote but now I'd like to see one of these in the flesh first. It's hard to tell how much padding this one offers.

Actually I've just realised that it probably won't take my 300 f2.8 very easily :frown:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  2. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Looks very cool! I'd bet your 300 would fit...

If you were carrying one body and put the 300 where the two lenses are stacked on the side, you would have room for at least one pro lens where the other body is in the photo. You could also carry the flash in an external bag/case attached on the outside to give you room for a small prime (50/1.4 or similar). May be tight, though. I don't have the exact lens dimensions in front of me, so...

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    The new bag is designed primarily for journalists that carry a couple of bodies, and a couple of lenses it said. The advantage of it is collapsability while at a job. If that really gains you nothing, you'll likely be best served by a full size bag like the Antidote.

Compromise concerning storage and protection of a 4K lens, not really ideal..

4. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    I think you're right. I do already have the now older Antidote which is perfect for the 300 anyway. I've also got the UD40 which is an ideal day pack so I don't need any more bags. But Think Tank are a bit special so any new developments are always of interest!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.