New (to me) 105 f2.8 micro lens

I got two new lenses in one week. Very unusual for me. I've been watching for a used macro for a while. I found one and think I will enjoy it very much. I've got lots to learn, but I've had fun in the past 24 hours with it. It's rainy and cold today...I guess that's good photography weather.

#1 One of the first shots with the lens.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Rose Detail

#3 Clematis Detail

#4 Green on Green

#5 Greg out doing yard work....it will be a nice portrait lens, too!! I just sold my 85 f1.4 D because it didn't autofocus on my Z6 and I hadn't used it in a year. I figured this lens could replace my Tamron 90 di macro and my 85 f1.4, both of which didn't autofocus on the Z6.

#6 Checked out the focus stacking on my bromeliad

#7 Geraniums

#8 Raindrops on Roses (and whiskers on kittens).....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do believe that you've got the hang of this lens, Terri! 👍 I enjoy shooting macro outdoors, but not so much right now when we're in the midst of our 3rd or 4th consecutive day of a Red Flag Warning.:eek:
Thank you, Eric!! I need some lessons. I don't shoot much of anything in the winter and every time summer rolls around I feel like I am starting all over again. I grow lots of flowers so I have subject matter at my fingertips!!

Lovely images, Terri! You are a quick learner!
Thank you!! Karen, you really helped me today without knowing it. I was concerned about the noisy focusing on the lens. The I found a post by you, when you got your used one. You were concerned about the same thing. Then I did a google search and found that it is normal and that lots of people thought their lenses were broken at first.

Lots of terrific photography going on in this thread. Surely I'm not the only one that questions the stuff about how she's had the lens such a short period of time.
Thank you, Mike. Thank you also for the nomination. It's really not all that much different than my Tamron 90 di. By the way, I sent that lens off to MPB today to be sold. So I better love this new macro lens because it's all I have.

Wonderful first outing. I'm partial to the handsome portrait!

I do also really like #3. Rich colors and a great composition. Good eye!
Thank you, Mitchell!! I was pretty happy when I saw the quality of the portraits this lens produces. I'm sure I will use it often. I think my sweetheart is pretty great so I was happy to get that photo of him.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom