New (to me) D3s :)

I haven’t posted to the forums in quite a while. Life has been moving along and I don’t get to spend nearly as much time taking pictures as I would like.
One of my daughters asked me to shoot her engagement photos last year and I had the opportunity to purchase a D750 with grip and 24-120 VR as a kit from Best Buy. I love the camera. Nice upgrade from my previous D700.
Fast forward to last week. I was pursuing Craigslist and there is a local camera store that lists their used gear on CL. They had a D3s for $300! I was apprehensive as I know what this went for new and what current prices are on used at the big stores. I went and looked anyway and am pleased with what I got. It has 325,000 actuations (a lot, I know) and the rubber over the card cover is missing. Other than that it looks like a good condition used camera. I asked if that was their best price and ended up getting it for $250! SCORE!
I figure with a used, slightly beat up camera, I will be more likely to take it places I wouldn’t take a new one and won’t worry so much about it getting bumped around a little bit. I’m really looking forward to getting some use out of it. This is my first ‘pro’ body and I feel like a kid at Christmas!

Thanks guys. I’m excited. I played around with some of the high ISO settings in the house and it’s pretty amazing.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Probably my favorite of all the Nikon bodies I've owned. I said that about lots of them while owning them, but I still think the D3s was my favorite of all of them.

You're going to have a great time using it.

I took it out and walked around Old Salem, NC last weekend. I love it! I had a d700 gripped and now have a d750 gripped, but the 3s just feels solid. Now just to get all the quirks figured out and I won't have to think so much when I shoot!
I have been playing a lot with the high ISO settings and just can't get over how well it performs!

Is the D3s really so much better than the D3 ?...I have the S , never handled the D3...tho` all around I find the D3X the best of them all...there`s still No replacement for that one..the S is a Great camera , I`ve heard of some having fired over 400.000 times and are still clicking...battery lasts forever......so Congrats !!

I never handled a D3 either, but just looking at the specs, the 3s is much better in the high ISO department. That was the driving factor for me to desire the 3s.

.the S is a Great camera , I`ve heard of some having fired over 400.000 times and are still clicking...battery lasts forever......so Congrats !!
Thanks! I'm enjoying it a lot!

Is the D3s really so much better than the D3 ?
I've had both.

The D3s is basically a D3 with a full stop better high ISO performance but that 1 extra stop just happens to be what separates a great camera from a perfect camera.

The D3s is perfection.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom