New to me / Test Shot

Well, finally got my new-to-me Mamiya 645 AF. Here's an image from my first test roll.....nothing special, but still kinda nice to look at :biggrin:

55mm 2.8 + Portra 400

5611793817_e8df926708_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
645AF! Nice. How fast is the AF on that? Seems like a lot of glass to move, but when you consider some of the bigger Nikons, well - not so much. It depends on the motor. In any event, this is probably the least expensive to a digital medium format, backs for it are priced quite low, well, relatively low.

Thanks for the comments, Guys.

Chris - these lenses are actually quite puny for medium format....very light and somewhat compact. The AF is not lightning fast by any means....but it seems to work pretty good. The viewfinder = OMG

Very nice !! Did you process your own film??? I gave up the Mamiya 645E because it took to long to get the film processed in NH.

Thank you! I wish I could say that I process my own film, but I am still new to film and have YET learn my way around a darkroom. Surely someone in NH has a good turnaround time. My local lab has a 2 hour turnaround time if you get the rolls in on time.

Mamiya 645E Stuff

Thank you! I wish I could say that I process my own film, but I am still new to film and have YET learn my way around a darkroom. Surely someone in NH has a good turnaround time. My local lab has a 2 hour turnaround time if you get the rolls in on time.

Actually I would drive to a local lab about 45 minuits away or sent out by way of Wal-art to be sent to the Fujifilm lab in upstate NY and wait about 2 weeks (or more) for the 120 film to be processed. The camera was great with the 3 lenses I had but too much of a wait for me. I can, however get 1 hr processing on 35mm stuff (C-41).

Have fun with your "NEW TOY'S" Enjoy

Actually I would drive to a local lab about 45 minuits away or sent out by way of Wal-art to be sent to the Fujifilm lab in upstate NY and wait about 2 weeks (or more) for the 120 film to be processed. The camera was great with the 3 lenses I had but too much of a wait for me. I can, however get 1 hr processing on 35mm stuff (C-41).

Have fun with your "NEW TOY'S" Enjoy

I'm having loads of fun...thanks, Fred!

Another option is Miller's. http://www.millerslab.com/filmservices

You have to sign up to see pricing, but it's $2/roll for develop with a pretty quick turnaround. I've never tried that service of theirs myself(yet), but it sounds like a great deal.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom