New to Nikon, New to DSLR, New 600

Have been looking for a full size DSLR, and Costco had the D600 displayed. They are droping this model from their selection. It was $400 off MSRP in the store, however it was $500 off on the website, so Wed, a large box was delivered with the D600 kit. Last full size camera was a 35mm Pentax, years ago. Am definately a newbie to this new technology. Mike

Real Name
Tony Admana
Have been looking for a full size DSLR, and Costco had the D600 displayed. They are droping this model from their selection. It was $400 off MSRP in the store, however it was $500 off on the website, so Wed, a large box was delivered with the D600 kit. Last full size camera was a 35mm Pentax, years ago. Am definately a newbie to this new technology. Mike

Congratulations on your new world of full frame DSLR, and Welcome to the Cafe'.:smile:

It sounds like you got a very good deal on the camera, I'm happy for you. The 35mm DSLR world is probably going to be a lot different from your Pentax days, but while different it can have some really compelling advantages.

Welcome to DLSR and welcome to NikonCafe.

Welcome to the Cafe, Mike! You got one of the most amazing camera available today. Enjoy and feel free to post some photos :smile:

oh yeah, don't hesitate to push it to ISO 6400 if you want :wink:

My first camera was my Dad's Pentax Spotmatic. Nothing better to learn on than that camera and Tri-X. It still takes great pics BTW. That said, the D600 is the finest digital camera that I have ever owned and I absolutely love it. You are in for a treat.

Enjoy!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom