1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New to Nikon

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Dale Miller, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Dale Miller

Dale Miller

Jun 9, 2008
    California
    Can someone please tell me the differance between a D lens and a D ED lens. Sorry if thats a dumb question but going from Canon to Nikon is quite a jump.

2. It's fine, ed signifies the type of glass used to improve image quality in a lens, while a D 'chip' is what transfers lighting/flash data to the camera. A 'D' version of a lens would be a later installment as opposed to a non-D AF lens. Hope that helps.

3. ED is basically the type of glass - if I remember correctly it helps reduce chromatic aberration and improves the image resolution and clarity of an image

4. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
  5. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    What Canon gear are you coming from? I just sold my 40D. I miss it, but did it for employment reasons. Still getting decent results though.

6. Dale Miller

Dale Miller

Jun 9, 2008
    California
    I have and will still use a large inventory of Canon gear. My main rig is a MarkIIN, 70-200 f2.8, and a100-400L . Canon has not let me down in any way and I will continue to use it, but the D3 in low light is going to get a work out as this time of year most of the rodeos I do are going to be in the late afternoon to evening range.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.